Need help

vrdriver4l said:
LOL Done and did that i guess if i upgrade ill just go with a celeron D and oc tahe shit out of it lol there only 50 bucks anyway. Thanks for all your help guys it is greatly appreciated.
Just make sure if you OC, you use proper cooling and that your new CPU is compatible with your current board (socket type).

If you've seen some results of overclocking, it can damage more than your CPU (extreme overclocking videos on Google, with no HS). I don't think you'd push it that far.. but OC'ing the CPU without proper cooling will obviously burn it out.

Baha, is you talking about that exploding Duron, they used firecrackers to make it explode. :rolleyes:

ownage said:
Baha, is you talking about that exploding Duron, they used firecrackers to make it explode. :rolleyes:

Ahh, hehe.. I thought it might be fake but never tried it myself.. :p
Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

yeah, you cant really see it in the Duron one, but in the P4 one, smoke comes out from the BOTTOM of the the table. Which totally gives it away.

My cele right know is oced to a 3.1 no problems at all, play counter strike source alld ay with temps no more than 54 on my graph but mostly running around 52-53. I know what it will do but this is my fun system, ive put like 110 bucks into it and some other parts latin around. EPOX 4g4a+ 2.7Celeron oced to a 3.1. 760mb of ram, overclcocked ati 9200, w/a Piii fan custom built to the heatsink, 2 80 gig barakuda seagates on RAID 0, and thats about it. Just a toy system, don't know to much just kinda learning as i go. Thanks for all your help guys

BUMP one more question though isn't a celeron D pretty much the same as the northwood pentium 4's only difference i can see is that the celeron D has 256 cache and the P4 has 512, but they both have 533 front side bus and so on. Please correct me if im wrong or let me know if im right. Just wondering

yeah, that is pretty much the only difference. But Celerons have a lower clock speed too.

Back
Top Bottom