An AMD 64 X2 4200+ is equal to which INTEL?

s0path

Solid State Member
Hey I'm just wondering what an AMD 64 X2 4200+ is equivalent to in INTEL? Thanks for any comment/answers in advance.

Ive said this many times, but ill say it again. It is impossible to directly say which AMD is equal to which Intel. They arent made equally, no two processors are the same at everything. One might have a lead in something, the other have a lead in another. If you want an AMD, stick with an AMD, if you want an Intel stick with Intel. There is no processor where AMD=Intel.

i understand that it is really hard to compare them both together but.... if u r familor with intel then u r going to look it as what amd is equal to intel becouse u know the speed of it.... Same for the other way around. But u can get a good feal of what is equal to the other.. I am sure that the 4200+ equals about a 2.2+ people are saying that a 4400+ prosessor is equal to a 4.4 that is so untrue the price of that would be about 1500$ and the best amd chip out there is the Fx-60 then are they saying that it equals 6.0 that is so outta our techonolgy and it would be about 2500$-3000$ (It is about 1100 give or take)

What type of Computer do u have now or do u have a mac... If u would like send me im at : Pyromaniac0378 or
Email me at pyromaniac0378@gmail.com

Please when responding to me tell me what u have now and what u r looking for and what u would be useing the compter for.

Thanks,
Nick

Yeah, i agree, what it really boils down to is experience with all the processors. If you are a person who does computer maintnenace All Day. Then its most likely also true that you test, or at least see, the speed of AMD and Intel processors all day, there for putting at least some sort of a comparoson between the two to yourself. I imagine since you would be a person dealing with them all day, that your comparason would have some validity considering experience.

pyromaniac0378 said:
i understand that it is really hard to compare them both together but.... if u r familor with intel then u r going to look it as what amd is equal to intel becouse u know the speed of it.... Same for the other way around. But u can get a good feal of what is equal to the other.. I am sure that the 4200+ equals about a 2.2+ people are saying that a 4400+ prosessor is equal to a 4.4 that is so untrue the price of that would be about 1500$ and the best amd chip out there is the Fx-60 then are they saying that it equals 6.0 that is so outta our techonolgy and it would be about 2500$-3000$ (It is about 1100 give or take)

What type of Computer do u have now or do u have a mac... If u would like send me im at : Pyromaniac0378 or
Email me at pyromaniac0378@gmail.com

Please when responding to me tell me what u have now and what u r looking for and what u would be useing the compter for.

Thanks,
Nick

....what??? this is untrue. First of all, a 4200 would not be equivalent to a 2.2 GHz intel. It would be much more than that. what kind of intel? pentium 4? I'm lost. a 4200 outbeats a pentium 4 at 2.2 ghz. it's not all about clock speeds.

and about the fx-60, who has told you it would equal a 6.0 GHz intel? just because it has "60" in it doesn't necessarily mean it has a 6 GHz equivalency to an intel, that's unheard of. and it certainly wouldn't be $3000.

Damn, well first. The Amd X2 series is more or less related to the Intel Pent D series. Now, comparing the 4400+ to the Intel Pent D, is something you just dont do. You want multitasking, find the best intel within your price range. You want insane gaming, then get this 4400

i doubt anything... i was a intel fan boy, but now im a hardcore AMD fan, i just dont see progress on the horizon for intel...

Back
Top Bottom