PC not getting enuff benchmark

craigusd

Solid State Member
Hello all
Running win xp sp2
Pentuim 4 3.2ghz
1 gig ddr
xfx gefore 6500 with 256 onboard ddr...( PCI EXPRESS )
motherboard 60 quid range
All this installed dunno if it is any good, when I run 3dmark 03 all I score is 2278..
Seems a little too low
Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Craigus

get a program called ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) also if your willing to put money into solving your problems, buy diskeeper 10 pro. also i would used 3dmark 05 or 06 2 run tests instead of 03... scandisk 2 find any problems....clean ^ some stuff really. it's mostly probably because of not enough matenitince(sp, i can never spell it right >.<). also try updating drivers, chipset, video etc. really those are all just basic matenince work things 2 do. anything other information you can provide?

Make sure if you use crap cleaner you leave the hoxfix uninstaller unchecked. Otherwise you'll be down loading them againg. I finally figured out what was up with that.

hey mooseman i have ccleaner and run it a few times a week, have the latest nvidia drivers..
dunno if maybe my xp is stuffed or my hard drive
200 gig 7200 samsung HARDDRIVE.
when I run 3dmark 03, it tells me that in the 1st and 2nd memory slot i only have 256mb in each. but i have 512 in each. its generic ram.
when i check up on my graphics card it says 512mb , but it is only 256mb.
3dmark03 tells me that my cpu is only 32 bit , but it is 64..
confussed

craigusd said:
hey mooseman i have ccleaner and run it a few times a week, have the latest nvidia drivers..
dunno if maybe my xp is stuffed or my hard drive
200 gig 7200 samsung HARDDRIVE.
when I run 3dmark 03, it tells me that in the 1st and 2nd memory slot i only have 256mb in each. but i have 512 in each. its generic ram.
when i check up on my graphics card it says 512mb , but it is only 256mb.
3dmark03 tells me that my cpu is only 32 bit , but it is 64..
confussed
it could very well be that 3dmark03 doesn't support that cpu or motherboard fully or something like that, thats why your getting a lower score, is the hardrive sata or ide? and if u know whats the buffer size? (2mb 8mb 16mb) also i the computer is old maybe just reformatting the hardrive, onetime doing that gained me 30 fps in CS:S lol, idk what was up with that but sometimes it can make a real big difference :eek:

pentium 4 3.2 prescott is the chip. multiplyer x16, fsb 201mhz,bus 803.9mhz,
l 1 data=16kbytes, l2 data 1024 kbytes,motherboard pci ex,
thats what cpu-z tells me

Is the prob the prescott chip/core?

okay guys just done a scan to fix all errors,, booted from start up, ran 3dmark 03 and hit 2268...sucks.
at least i can run WOW on full tilt..
ciao

The only thing I could think of reinstalling it. Try clicking on the memory tab in cpu-z and see if that tells you 256mb too. Still you shouldnt be getting that low of a score.

Oh by the way is the 6500 a typo or just some new card I havent heard of?

Back
Top Bottom