disconnection problems

yes it has to be your network. do you have a router? this happens to me sometimes too. i have 3 computers on mine, and it happens sometimes. i just need to get a better router

joepic said:
yes it has to be your network. do you have a router? this happens to me sometimes too. i have 3 computers on mine, and it happens sometimes. i just need to get a better router

I'm coninuing what you should have stated.

...on mine, and it happens sometimes. i just need to get a better router because the router's cpu cannot handle all the connections and higher ping damands.

check you security settings and make sure it has full access to the internet, and yea how old is your router? i would doubt it would cause problems though....

Hi All,

I've recently started having the same problem. My router is about a year old and all was fine until this weekend when it just keeps getting disconnected and reconnects within about 1 to 2 minutes. It happens ramdom and it's not when I'm running a particular program.

I have 3 computers connected to it. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Does the router need to be re-set?

Thanks for your help.

All three computers do it. If more obvious because all three are signed into MSN so you see the disconnection and connection within a minute or so. When you are browsing it's not as obvious because if you are reading something on the page you will not notice it and then when you go to another page it will be slow but it will eventually go there but you can see it because you see MSN signing in and out.

I also connect to my home computer from work through GoToMyPc and it is obvious then also because you get a little notification on the top saying host computer is experience internet connection problems and then after a minute all is fine again.

I will reset the router when I get home and see if it helps. One question should I reset by pressing the reset button? I read somewhere that it reverts back to the default settings and you lose whatever settings you originally had. I can't remember if I changed any settings when I first got the router or not. Or should I just unplug and replug everything.

Kally said:
All three computers do it. If more obvious because all three are signed into MSN so you see the disconnection and connection within a minute or so. When you are browsing it's not as obvious because if you are reading something on the page you will not notice it and then when you go to another page it will be slow but it will eventually go there but you can see it because you see MSN signing in and out.

I also connect to my home computer from work through GoToMyPc and it is obvious then also because you get a little notification on the top saying host computer is experience internet connection problems and then after a minute all is fine again.

I will reset the router when I get home and see if it helps. One question should I reset by pressing the reset button? I read somewhere that it reverts back to the default settings and you lose whatever settings you originally had. I can't remember if I changed any settings when I first got the router or not. Or should I just unplug and replug everything.
i woulf first try the power reset (unplugging for 15 seconds) thats the usual time anyway, some require 1-5 mins. if that doesn't do anything try resetting the router by pressing the button for however long (also usually 15 seconds). if that does nothing eather u can try resetting the modem and the router through power reset (again i believe the usual is 15 seconds) :) if you have any router settings u need 2 save just log into the router and write down your settings or take a print screen if it all fits in 1 screen or something

Thank you for all your help - I did a power reset and it seems to have worked - so far no constant cycling on and off so hopefully that is the end of that. Thank you for all your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom