New Build Problem

Finally got all the pieces for my build maybe... a week ago. However, I then found the motherboard needed an 8-pin Power Socket for the Processors as well as the normal 24-pin ATX one. I asked the computer shop and they said I needed an ATX2 type thing, so I got that Wednesday, and now it does at least power up. However, it only does it for a very short period of time. The Power Supply Fan spins, the Processor Fan spins, and then they both stop. No noises, no beeps, no sparks. It just does it over and over, everytime I switch it on. I have all the light and switch headers in, the case speaker header, the processor and case Fan headers, the front USB headers as well just in case. I have the RAM in the right sockets, and I installed only one Processor as the Motherboard Manual said to.

There is only the Motherboard in, one Processor, two sticks of RAM and the Power Supply. I really have no clue what is up with it, I was hoping for a beep if it didn't work that I could try and translate but it makes no such beep. I know the Motherboard works with the Processor, its a SuperMicro X6DAE-G2 and a Xeon Socket 604 (old logo style) Nocona 3.0Ghz with HT, with two aticks of 1GB DDR2. Obviously I cannot rule out that something in it doesn't work, but without any beeps I have no way of working that out. Wondered if anybody has any ideas about what it might be?

Had a expert look at your post, he said the following:

" sounds like not enough power
or a dead mobo/psu"

are you sure that all of thre front panel jumpers are in the correct position?
i seem to remember this happening to me, and finding that i had a jumper wrong from the front reset button.
woz

Back
Top Bottom