omg sound ><

well i got the pc from a friend a while back (like 3 years) and he had put the sound card in himself.

is there a process i have to go through to switch to onboard? if so plz tell me what i have to do.

You can take out that sound card you have. Make sure you have that motherboard CD that has the sound drivers on there.

Upon reboot, double check BIOS and enable onboard sound so that the PCI sound card is disabled. If you take out the sound card, this part probably won't matter. Then look for the sound drivers on that motherboard utility disc and install that. If that motherboard CD isn't available, try going to your motherboard's website to download it.

first of all, my computer says it has onboard sound but doesnt have speaker plugs in the back,,, and second of all.. i took the sound card out of a different computer and tried it, and got the drivers and everything ... and it did the exact same thing

so something is very wrong.. and every time it restarts it comes up with an error that says hardware might not work properly.. only for sound cards though

Have You Tried Going Into -start-programmes-creative-eax Console-cmss 3d, And Enable It?
I Had Problems With That Same Soundcard, And Only Goty It Working After Doing That.
Woz

: / i have tried the cmss 3d, it was already enabled, and i talked to my friend who gave me the computer and he never had any problems with it... i just dont get why this sound card, and a different one i tried do the same thing ...

i might just do that -.- long process for me but sometimes it has to be done...

i will be mad however if I take the time to reinstall EVERYTHING lol and it doesnt fix the sound... this time.. if it does fix the sound... im making a system backup. lol

If you waren't bloody far, I'd sayto ship your card and I would have tested it. Try in a different PC

Back
Top Bottom