I've lost my safe mode... What do I do?!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well, I installed Linux on a parition a while ago. But, now, the boot option to linx was on the Windows partition. So... That never went away. I can deal with that. But, now, when I press F8 to get into safe mode, it takes me to the boot screen. I need to get rid of a virus.

Am, I totally screwed? I mean id reformat, but I lost my disk, lol!

Oh well.. Any ideas to get rid of that stupid thing.

When you run msconfig, and go to the boot.ini tab, it wont let me change anything. So.. Im lost!!

Ever heard of Spybot and a-squared scanner? Both for Spyware and Malware. Check this. If you need to recopy the Linux boot, just reinstall Linux. No Big deal.

This is Mandrake Linux. I cut my Windows Paritition in half. And when I boot up, it asks me what I wanna do. Linux boot, failsafe, something, and windows.

And If I reinstall it with the disk I dont have, it doesnt matter, because, it doesnt give me the option to properly uninstall.

I deleted the Linux parition. So, I choose linux.. And it just sits there.. Forever. It cant load anything.. And it doesnt know that its not there. So it just stalls there... Forever!

Spybot sounds like the best idea.

Although if I were you I would clean up that Setup eventually. It seems a little on the busy side. You should whipe it all and start again, reinstall Windows, reinstall Linux, and have a third partition for files.

wait...can you load windows? if you can then when the progress bar is running across turn off ur pc..the next time it will prompt u for safe mode

"Yeah, I can load windows. And spybot isnt going to do anything, because its not a virus or any form of spyware.

And what are you talking about, because I cant do anything to make it start in safe mode, or even give me the option

Back
Top Bottom