PC Locking up...need help

harvick2921

Beta member
Well I've had my eMachines T6212 for about a year now. I've had problems with it locking up since day one :( . I've had to restore it a lot. I'd just be doing normal things like exploring the internet, talkin on AOL Instant Messenger, etc and the thing would just lock. So i'd have to restart it. For a long time it was very nice..would go nice and fine. Lately its been lockin up like crazy. Currently its defragging using Norton Speed Disk. It even locked up when i tryed to defrag it the first time. So my question is what can i do to solve this issue or what do you guys think could help it and resolve this problem. Thanks a ton if someone could help. :confused:

Have You Done A Complete Chech For Adware/spyware Ect?
You Could Have A Problem With That.
System Restore Wont Remove Them.
Woz

the locking up could be because of high temperatures.
And that would explain why it has been always doing it.
Go to the BIOS and check the cpu temp.

wozelbeak said:
Have You Done A Complete Chech For Adware/spyware Ect?
You Could Have A Problem With That.
System Restore Wont Remove Them.
Woz

I ran a full AD Aware SE scan and it found some stuff. got those removed. did microsoft anti spyware and it found notin. I removed some programs i did not need. i restarted it. as for the guy who said something about the temps. i checked and it felt fine and seemed ok. yeah idk since day 1 idk. i will see how it goes. if it locks up again i will tell you guys. i will start up NORTON Speed Disk and see how that does

UPDATE! I can't defrag now because there is a strong line of storms coming and i don't want the pc zapped. i shall try after they pass. i just hope the nascar race finishes before the storms get here :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom