Pull your socks up CF memebers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
mark thorpe said:
no action gets taken? wth? its people like you who have made this a problem... point out one post from david or a mod which says no there is no more mods needed whatsoever, its fine as it is. action IS being taken, as said before, be patient, it takes time for a decision over a new mod to be taken, you cant just expect to say 'we need another US mod' and 2 mins later have one, there is a decision making process, with the mods and david before a decision is made. how can you say there is no action being taken when you cant see the mod lounge to see what we are saying?

bahawolf and GG, very, very well said, good posts from you both.

Mark you're an idiot.

Firstly, it shouldn't take nearly 4 days to pick a moderator out of 12,000 members, about 50 of which are Guru's and consistantly post. Hmm, let's suggest a few shall we...

Jac006
lhuser
Bahawolf
Arrizx
HRHunterHR
Natalya
Distortion88
alvino
TRDcorrola
Jamxx
Quinton McLeod
joxely1990
recon16
Linux Guru
mammikoura
Dev0115
joepic

Sure;y ONE of those 16 members who have distinguished themselves above the rest can habdle the job? Let's see, I made 16 nominations in a matter of 45 seconds, so picking one or two of them takes well over 72 hours? :confused:

And how is it people like me? So the people, liek me, who want somethign done around here, which by the way is generally everyone who actually gives a damn about the place, are going to get critisized and complaints thrown out left and right. Sorry Mark for trying to suggest a rather simple answer to a very huge problem.

And I bet you guys won't even have another moderator or an answer to the problem within the next week. :rolleyes:

JustinMcG67 said:
Mark you're an idiot.

why thank you

Firstly, it shouldn't take nearly 4 days to pick a moderator out of 12,000 members, about 50 of which are Guru's and consistantly post. Hmm, let's suggest a few shall we...

it takes a while for all the mods to agree on who should get the mod position, because all the mods are never on at the same time. feedback needs to be recieved from each mod till a decision can be made. you cant comment on this at all if you dont know what is goign on, which you dont.

Sure;y ONE of those 16 members who have distinguished themselves above the rest can habdle the job? Let's see, I made 16 nominations in a matter of 45 seconds, so picking one or two of them takes well over 72 hours? :confused:

yes, 16 nominations (some of which arent in the US anyway...) all with positives and negatives, the mods and david have to agree on who to pick.

And how is it people like me? So the people, liek me, who want somethign done around here, which by the way is generally everyone who actually gives a damn about the place, are going to get critisized and complaints thrown out left and right. Sorry Mark for trying to suggest a rather simple answer to a very huge problem.

yes, and there is something being done! for christs sake why cant you just shut up and accept that?

And I bet you guys won't even have another moderator or an answer to the problem within the next week. :rolleyes:

the new moderator/answer will come in time. paitence.

also, any more posts calling someone an idiot WILL get you banned. consider this a warning.

Good job way to call a mod an idiot. I hope you didnt want to become a mod.

Really we dont need anymore of these posts. If David and the mods think we need more mods then they can handle it. You making a list of people and calling a mod an idiot isnt helping anything.

EDIT: Well I guess Mark just said what I said too.

The Amish Kid said:
Good job way to call a mod an idiot. I hope you didnt want to become a mod.

Really we dont need anymore of these posts. If David and the mods think we need more mods then they can handle it. You making a list of people and calling a mod an idiot isnt helping anything.

EDIT: Well I guess Mark just said what I said too.

Actually I don't want to be a moderator here. For clearly obvious reasons.

With a majority of the staff on at the same time how is it such a problem Mark? You make a thread in the satff lounge, throw in a suggestion, and get a post back. Heck, look how many different locations we have here, yet somehow and some way we get a lot of feedback.

And how do you disagree? Jac006 and lhuser should be moderators, and everysignle other member agrees to that. So craps sake just get it over and done with. :rolleyes:

What?

"also, any more posts calling someone an idiot WILL get you banned. consider this a warning."

Wow, that is horrible. People say so much more crap on this forum and never get ban.. But he speaks his mind and says your an idiot can get him ban. Why cause you have "moderator" on top of your name. Were all HUMAN. I see people saying worse crap then that, and never have I seen anything about them getting ban. So saying "f###" people say that all the time, wont get you ban but saying "your an idiot" can? WTF IS THAT?

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, most mods will take any insult of any type anally, where average joe that is not a mod generally doesn't give a shit.

Sometimes it's the people that should have a real say in who is in command, and not just the people in control, even if those top people have the right to do so, doesn't make it right.

Face it, a few days ago (can't really remember what day) this place was hell, if any of us were mods we would have kicked those two assholes out and this place would have been less painful to be around. Yet due to location and time zones, noone was able to do anything. So I agree, there should be more US mods, but please, don't decide on this without talking to some of us.

Out of those 16 nominations, half haven't visited for 6 months and are not in the USA. Choosing a mod isn't like sicking a pin in a list, you can liken it to political leaders.

I appreciated what GG has said, people are starting threads for the purpose of starting an arguement. They know for a fact what is going on and wht is happening the staff lounge, they know the score but make threats to pit everyone against each other and the staff.

I feel that this thread has gone off topic and is just ending up how GG was described so I am going to close it because I'm sure she would not want it to end up how it is going

JustinMcG67 said:
It's called, "Moderator" with that, you can do anything! Didn't you know that? ;)

To be fair, this is exactly what we're trying to avoid. Since you (and a few others) seem to think us Moderators are a bunch of power tripping smegheads, one of the reasons we're taking so long in the decision of a new moderator is because we're discussing who wouldn't let the so called power go their heads. Would you rather we picked one of your 16 wonderful suggestions within minutes without careful consideration and have them turn into a power tripping Mod, or pick someone with consideration so that they don't turn into what you seem to think the rest of us are?

In all fairness, you can't have both. You also seem to be forgetting that a Moderator position around here is not something someone can just earn; with that position you have a partial control over 12,000 members. Do you really think we're just gonna let anyone in and give them the control to possibly go on a banning spree on anyone they dislike on this forum?

Dev0115 said:
What?

"also, any more posts calling someone an idiot WILL get you banned. consider this a warning."

Wow, that is horrible. People say so much more crap on this forum and never get ban.. But he speaks his mind and says your an idiot can get him ban. Why cause you have "moderator" on top of your name. Were all HUMAN. I see people saying worse crap then that, and never have I seen anything about them getting ban. So saying "f###" people say that all the time, wont get you ban but saying "your an idiot" can? WTF IS THAT?

Rule 14: (A) Overall flaming or condemnation of posters will not be tolerated. There is no reason to voice derogatory statements about someone because you may simply disagree with their opinions. (B) Or voice derogatory statements about any hardware / software because you may simply disagree with their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom