Interent Explorer 7

Internet Explorer 7 is so fantastic! Problem is it is not for Windows Server 2003 yet, and my copy of XP Pro is not particularly legal. Which is just plain annoying.

I'm waiting for a version of Vista which will let me use Messenger. Then I'll go that way, its the best option really. I'll probably end up waiting for the Public Beta though!

It doesn't look so good without the Live Toolbar though :D That makes it look very nice, especially in Vista. The Google one is just pooing on a lovely design :D PageRank indeed! Who cares about the Page Rank?

Firefox has the Tabs on the bottom, not the top. It also has the Favourites and so on outside the Screens rather than in them, which is a bonus. And it is far better with New Tabs, but then again even the Live Toolbar in Internet Explorer 6 handles Tabs better than Firefox. Who wants to have to right click and press T to open a new Tab?

Most definately! Even the XP version, and in all fairness it is pants to describe the XP version as Internet Explorer 7. The XP Version is fantastic, yes, but to describe that as the full force of the Internet Explorer 7 upgrade is not really fair. If you want to compare Firefox to anything, compare it to the Vista Version, which is the full upgrade. I don't think there is any competition between the Vista Version and Firefox.

I'm running IE7 Beta 2 on Genuine XP Home.

It's not too bad actually, just a little bit slow and buggy, but MS'll get there eventually. Sometimes it just packs up and stops browsing to pages altogether, for example. FF still works, so it's not my connection (happened on several different connections too).

However I don't like the new interface. Far too confusing. Not sure I like the new fonts either though, everything just looks a little too clean and shiny, makes me feel a little bit stupid TBH.

But at least it feels different - IE 4,5,6 just looked (mostly) and felt exactly the same. I see by calling it "Windows" Internet Explorer they're going the same way with "Windows" Live Messenger, instead of calling Messenger 8 "MSN Messenger 8", where they could have called IE7 "Microsoft Internet Explorer", as they always did.

I'd love to try it on Vista, shame I don't have it :-( I know a guy at Uni who's got it, but I don't like the guy much so I don't want to go to his room and try it.

If you're just after seeing it the best bet is to download it on a Torrent. You'll want the February CTP though, the November one is nice but the February one is much cleaner and works better.

i think they only thing wrong with having the tabs is that if the program crashes all the webpages you have open will go

Back
Top Bottom