Graphics Cards

what CPU is in your computer? I did a quick look up and it seems the standard is a socket 478 Intel P4 2.6Ghz. Is that correct?

Ok, so you were probably wondering what point I was eluding to by asking. It's just that it seems you're limited to an AGP interface with that CPU. I've been looking on tigerdirect.com and all the mobos on there for socket 478 are AGP, no PCI-e. That's not terribly bad, it's just that you still won't be able to get the best interface for graphics but AGP is still considerably better than any PCI card.

He is just saying that your processor only comes with mobos that have agp. You cant get a mobo with pci-e since your processor is old. But agp 8x is still preety good, way better then pci is.

Yeah AGP 8X is a name for another slot to install a graphics card. It is better than PCI, that is main idea to note. It is not, however, the newest graphics technology available and so it is somewhat limited to reaching the same abilities as a modern day PCI-express graphics card.

cant they just stick with PCI or PCI-E or AGP why keep going on with new stuff ppl are just having to fork out more and more on these new things

Back
Top Bottom