Mods...and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Lindon said:
This is already being discussed by the staff, don't make comments about it is not being discussed because you can see it.

I do get very involved, I don't agree with that comment - especially behind the scenes in keeping the forum running, managing the hosting, ad contracts, forum issues, staff issues and others that are discussed in the staff lounge. Most recent was the addition of new avatars which shows that I am involved.

Ofcourse he did, he was aware of his actions - it had happened on multiple occations. He was banned for good reasons that were discussed in the staff lounge. As for the mercy, steven had tried very hard to become a mod and I though it would be nice to reward him, 1 week later he said he was leaving and was too good for the forum after that.

Please don't make comments about issues that you are not aware of because they HAVE been discussed.

Well the point is:

We AREN'T aware of them
How are we supposed to be when you mods just talk it up in the staff??

HRHunteRHR said:
Well the point is:

We AREN'T aware of them
How are we supposed to be when you mods just talk it up in the staff??

Because information is posted when decisions are made, otherwise there isn't a point in posting it.

Sorry i havnt read the entire thread as i honestly dont care

I like how though the people who made CF what it is today are always the one's to be attacked

These threads are always the same.. you attack mods you dont like in order to make your self seem so bloody great you get a mod promotion. Not because you deserve the promotion but you ranted on so long about how great you think you are we just cant stand to hear it anymore

Everyone has flaws... and everyone has a life to attend to, and believe it or not so does david. He does to much for this forum and has worked to hard to get it where it is today to have some kids go on at him that he doesnt do enough

my 2.. dont care for rep so comment how you like

Honestly, you'll wake me up when the wole thing's done. Period.

All THEY seuggested was to have timezone mods so that the last even wouldn't occur. I don't care about what's going on.

HRHunteRHR said:
Well, no one pays any attention to me, but I'll say this anyways...

I'm here EVERY DAY. Even when friends are over I do a checkup. I am an active forum member, this isn't a beg for being turned into a mod, this is about my views on the topic:

sounds like one to me...

I say, that pretty much everyone who ISNT a mod thinks that we need new mods, and that SOME need to be replaced. I don't think any need to be replaced really, maybe a few, but that's for reasons I will discuss later....

im a mod, and i agree that a US mod is needed, to take some of the load from the other US mods.

So, what we have here is a riot. SOmeone came in and SPAMMED the forums for literally 6 hours. I saw spam for EVER. What I do know is that I woke up in the morning, checked the forums, got back from life, checked the forums, and there was STILL spam. Now, I don't know about you, but we all have to agree that was pretty bad. I think we should get some American Mods, definately. I think that we need 1 central mod, one west mod, and one east mod, (withen North America and Canada and all) AT LEAST.

uh, i doubt it was 6 hours. the first spam thread was at 2:39am UK time, and the last was at 5.13am. just under 3 hours. not 'literally 6 hours'. seti did his best to move it. and it got sorted in the end.

I also think some mods go on power trips, but with power comes evil. Power corrupts.

and what is the supposed to mean?

But, by signing up for mod, you sign up for a bit of corruption, and hell. I mean, we all know most mods want mod so they can "justify" things. From the all seeing eye, we see this "justify" is a shaky word.

Now, I think some mods are WAY too inactive, and manage to only show their faces when something happens.

and whats the problem with mods only saying something when a problem occurs? just because they dont post 24/7 that doesnt mean they are inactive, i havnt been posting too much recently, but i am still around, monitoring things.

Now, UK31337, I'm not trying to blame you for anything, but probobly 60% of gurus have more posts than you. As an active member, I would think that a mod would need to be contributing with daily posts But, I think you have lack of that, and as a matter of fact, as someone that frequents this place....

why? the job of a mod is to control the forum, and keep it clear of spam when they see it come up, posting daily shouldnt come into how good a mod is, nor should post count. just because they dont post at every oppertunity doesnt make them a bad mod. stop trying to criticise mods to try to make yourself look better, it aint gonna happen.

I have only seen your face 5 times.

5 times. And you magicly show up in those 2 times when something happens. Now, what about that daily post thing? What's going on there?

I'm not trying to attack you but I rarely see you, ever.

In short (again), we need new mods and yea.

me smells more BS with those numbers, being a mod does NOT mean you have to post daily, 'im not trying to attack you' BS.

yes i agree we may need one more mod, but the way you are going about it is totally wrong, stop trying to put other people down to make you look better, because that is EXACTLY what you are doing. hunter, you are too immature and too unprdictable to be trusted with a mod position IMO.

also, what is the point of posting every step in the decion making process? all that will do is confuse, and get peoples hopes up. if we were to make a list of the people being considered for a mod position it would just cause more arguments, and people saying 'ooh ooh i should be a mod not him' a bit like your doing with this post...

A US/Canada mod is what we can settle...Why do we needto go further? One new mod in US or Canada and then, you guys go with adding some more, demmoding some... well, I got a message for you...It AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! One US/ Canada mod...maybe 2, but NO MOVING around! Did I get my message clear?

lhuser said:
A US/Canada mod is what we can settle...Why do we needto go further? One new mod in US or Canada and then, you guys go with adding some more, demmoding some... well, I got a message for you...It AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! One US/ Canada mod...maybe 2, but NO MOVING around! Did I get my message clear?

I agree with what lhuser has said here, it initially started as a request for an additional moderator, to ensure that stuff like the last time doesn't happen again. However it has become a slanging match for those members who wish to be moderators, they can see opportunity knocking, here is their chance, for those who deny it, your actions are not bespoking your words.

It has honestly become more bloodthirsty then chucking a hunk of meat in a tank full of piranhas.

In reference to some of the posts directly criticising some of the moderators, then if you truly have a problem then send them to another moderator or to David, in regards to knowing each step of what decisions are made and how they are made at present the last time I knew this forum is not a democracy, decisions are made and then we are informed of the decision and why, maybe the way that avatars were brought in, with constant nagging and pushing for them got what was wanted that some feel this is the way to go to get new moderators.

For all the regulars, the active members, think what all this is looking like to a newcomer, why would someone want to join a forum with all this bickering, if you truly want the forum to grow and develop further then you will realise that this is not helping at all. If you don't like the forum then there is plenty of other places to go. Why do we come here? I for one joined because of the friendly and community like feel of it all, but for any new person, will they truly honestly see this I don't think they would presently.

In my opinion I feel this thread is going no where now, the request has gone to the Moderators and Administrator for a moderator in another time zone to prevent the situation again, and really this thread should be closed, until a decision is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom