Mods...and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont tell me to chill when im not pissed. That just pisses me off. Im just saying, because your a guru, doesnt mean you have seen it all here. I mean you both joined pretty recently. And im comming up on a year here. I mean im just saying. Damn..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Dont tell me to chill when im not pissed. That just pisses me off. Im just saying, because your a guru, doesnt mean you have seen it all here. I mean you both joined pretty recently. And im comming up on a year here. I mean im just saying. Damn..

Dude, look. Dont attack me. DOn't let your anger blind you. That's all I'm going to say to you.

Bahawolf said:
Okay, I'm just going to voice my opinion here and I would just like to say now that like always, I am not trying to create confrontation with anyone.

To begin with, it is obviously a very common opinion that something needs to be improved / changed with the community to prevent other spam attacks, or abusive members. For a good portion of the community, including myself, the solution seems to be adding more moderators.

Now, in my own opinion, I don't think things such as who would be good for moderator should be discussed in a public area. In reality, the choice of who is or will be moderator comes right down to David, and the rest of the community staff who may put their own opinion(s) in as well.

I say this because it seems that some people believe they would be great for the position, and as true as that may or may not be (I'm not one to judge), it is not our decision to make anyhow. I personally just anticipate more problems arising with people discussing who should or shouldn't be made a moderator, or remain a moderator.

In my own opinion, I think the best and most effective way to go about voicing your opinion on anyone's performance individually, would be to contact David directly with information supporting your statement(s). In any other case, people may be offended and more fights may occur.

Now, as for everyone who are interested in becoming a moderator.. remember that there are several factors that they probally do consider, and not everything leads to having more posts. To have a higher post count does show your activity in a community, and thats wonderful if your very active.. although that doesn't make you completely capable of holding such a responsibility.

A few factors that they probally look at when hiring new moderators are:

- General presentation (How they present themselves in posts, ect.)
- Forum Activity (Not only how active, but when they are active, is it positive or negative generally)
- General reputation with community and / or current Staff.

I'm sure there are more that they look at, but if your using post count as a reason for having more potential in recieving moderator, unfortunately.. thats probally not how it works. I've seen very active members get in trouble for inappropriate activity.. in some cases, banned.

All the same, I'm not after anyone in this post, at all..
I'm just posting my observations as I see them and I hope that noone took offense in any way.

If you are behind this community, and want to see improvement and you think you deserve moderator status, then by all means, good luck to you. :)

I agree.

If you want to see improvement here, which generally most people do, as we like being involved here and being apart of this community, then we should provide critisism where necessary, but in a constructive manner, essentially, constructive critisism!

However, I'm not so sure that the opinions of people really ever get discussed, as not much is generally said about them as far as staff posts go towards the subject. Take this for example. Hardly any staff has replied to any of us within the past, two pages, maybe a post or two while I'm writting this message, but compared to the other posts, that's little to nothing.

Also, we all know that we want to make the community better, so that huge spam attacks, such as a few days ago attack, does not occur again. Since that attack, it has brought a lot of things to attention, most of which we are generally discussing at the moment, which is good, as in some form or another it overall affects the forum and community and will strengthen it even further.

So all in all, it's for the common good, and wether or not somethgin gets done about it, at least the voices and opinions have been heard, it's just up to the staff to make the decision on what to do with the presented information. Which hopefully they will make the best decision in everyone's best interest. :)

Yea I agree with Justin, if the mods were really modding THAT much, they would have at least said something in this amazingly active-for-the-last-45-minutes-thread, that is about a way to construct the community. Not trying to be a jerk or criticize you mods, but really, I'm sure we'll get this reply tonight or tomorrow:

"Regardless of your status, if you aren't mod you don't need to worry about this, it's the mod's responsibility."

Or

"Be patient."

Well.

I'm sorry but I think it's just as much the commoner's care that the community is being worked on and developed constantly to maintain a well-working forum that has humor and help, and most of all, KNOWLEDGE.

You know what I just noticed? Like a quarter of the threads in this section are locked... What's up with that? Like, wemonkey didn't even know why his account was banned. They could have at least showed him some mercy, but instead he got ridiculed and banned. Talk about hiding behind your powers..... :( I mean, that was just crule. He made mistakes but wow he was actually like a defensless little kitten there!

Oh I got another one!

"Thread locked. Take it to PMs."

lol I'm not trying to diss mods but you gotta admit, lol. :cool:

This is already being discussed by the staff, don't make comments about it is not being discussed because you can see it.

And, I NEVER see David really get involved in anything

I do get very involved, I don't agree with that comment - especially behind the scenes in keeping the forum running, managing the hosting, ad contracts, forum issues, staff issues and others that are discussed in the staff lounge. Most recent was the addition of new avatars which shows that I am involved.

wemonkey didn't even know why his account was banned. They could have at least showed him some mercy

Ofcourse he did, he was aware of his actions - it had happened on multiple occations. He was banned for good reasons that were discussed in the staff lounge. As for the mercy, steven had tried very hard to become a mod and I though it would be nice to reward him, 1 week later he said he was leaving and was too good for the forum after that.

Please don't make comments about issues that you are not aware of because they HAVE been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom