Mods...and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArrizX_MuziK said:
Are you saying you think you would like to be a mod?

Well I can't deny I would love to be a mod, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that people should be informed about who the mods are keeping a close eye on.

And when I said "just because it didn't work the first time doesn't mean it can't happen again", I meant that because the "member of the month" thing didn't work the first time, we should still try it again. I'm sure member of the month last time didn't include 20,000 members. Besides, if mods don't have time to watch someone post for a few minutes every day, then they shouldn't be mods, because they aren't taking time to contribute to the forums. I'm just saying, in a community, those in power should be willing and responsible.

But that's just my idea.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Maybe if he just took one or two off. Just like Slayer, and 135791. Im really sorry, I dont mean to single you out. Just.. Well, your never on. And maybe them replaced with some of the other, major posters.

I see him on often.

Well, you are off in your own little world. I mean, he never comes to the General hard, software, or the socal lounge. And those are the most popuar ones. And root is always in the programming secion.

The number guy posted today? I've NEVER seen him post, the only way I knew about him/her was because of an older thread I was browsing through.

JustinMcG67 said:
The number guy posted today? I've NEVER seen him post, the only way I knew about him/her was because of an older thread I was browsing through.

lol that guy should get demoted, like now. I'm sorry but wow man, that's TWO guru's who have NEVER seen that guy post.

Okay, I'm just going to voice my opinion here and I would just like to say now that like always, I am not trying to create confrontation with anyone.

To begin with, it is obviously a very common opinion that something needs to be improved / changed with the community to prevent other spam attacks, or abusive members. For a good portion of the community, including myself, the solution seems to be adding more moderators.

Now, in my own opinion, I don't think things such as who would be good for moderator should be discussed in a public area. In reality, the choice of who is or will be moderator comes right down to David, and the rest of the community staff who may put their own opinion(s) in as well.

I say this because it seems that some people believe they would be great for the position, and as true as that may or may not be (I'm not one to judge), it is not our decision to make anyhow. I personally just anticipate more problems arising with people discussing who should or shouldn't be made a moderator, or remain a moderator.

In my own opinion, I think the best and most effective way to go about voicing your opinion on anyone's performance individually, would be to contact David directly with information supporting your statement(s). In any other case, people may be offended and more fights may occur.

Now, as for everyone who are interested in becoming a moderator.. remember that there are several factors that they probally do consider, and not everything leads to having more posts. To have a higher post count does show your activity in a community, and thats wonderful if your very active.. although that doesn't make you completely capable of holding such a responsibility.

A few factors that they probally look at when hiring new moderators are:

- General presentation (How they present themselves in posts, ect.)
- Forum Activity (Not only how active, but when they are active, is it positive or negative generally)
- General reputation with community and / or current Staff.

I'm sure there are more that they look at, but if your using post count as a reason for having more potential in recieving moderator, unfortunately.. thats probally not how it works. I've seen very active members get in trouble for inappropriate activity.. in some cases, banned.

All the same, I'm not after anyone in this post, at all..
I'm just posting my observations as I see them and I hope that noone took offense in any way.

If you are behind this community, and want to see improvement and you think you deserve moderator status, then by all means, good luck to you. :)

He's just a watse of bandwidth in otherwords. I hate how they make the excuse for not being here, "Well I have a socail life and a job" well, if you accpet being a moderator here, then you're accpeting the responsibility of dedicating a good amoutn of time here to moderate this place. If you can't give the time needed, then don't accept the position. I'm sorry but it just seems stupid that the members know more of how to go about running a place then the staff do. No offence anyone, but it just seems as htough if you can't dedicate your time here, then why accept the position? :confused:

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Just because your a guru doesnt mean your the shit. Dont let that blind you ;)

Woah man chil lout, I never said I was the shit. I was pointing out that Guru's contribute to the forum pretty much 3 times a week or so, which means that because TWO guru's havent seen someone mod a forum ever, means that it's pretty wierd that they are mod.

Anotherwords, people that come here every day see a mod for the first time? And the mod is STILL a mod?? Whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom