An official live benchmark of Conroe by Xtreme Systems

Thats true, but im saying that the review sites dont see how high they can overclock it on water or phase or DICE. You already know that its going to beat the FX-60. I want to see memory latencies, memory bandwidth, overclocking potential and the works.

Yes, this will be somethign new to see form the Conroe. But if it's anything like an EE, then expect HUGE OCes from it. :D

ownage said:
Thats true, but im saying that the review sites dont see how high they can overclock it on water or phase or DICE. You already know that its going to beat the FX-60. I want to see memory latencies, memory bandwidth, overclocking potential and the works.

What if it absolutely rapes the FX-60? Then what then? What can we assume will happen later? Will Intel win the performance crown for the next decade or will AMD surprise us?

It goes back and forth, kind of like ATI and NVIDIA. They alternate every so often with who has the best product out. Intel might win this time, but AMD will come back with something better down the road. But, if I could choose which company to be a CEO for, it'd be Intel, they make 10 times more then what AMD makes.

Quinton McLeod said:

What if it absolutely rapes the FX-60? Then what then? What can we assume will happen later? Will Intel win the performance crown for the next decade or will AMD surprise us?

From AMD's past, Im pretty sure they will pull something off that will put Intel back to the drawing board.

EDIT: FCG @ XS just received a second Conroe, and will getting a ASUS P5WDG-WS tomorrow with the 8 phase PWM. This should be the right motherboard to get for Conroe. Expect benchmarks soon. (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom