New Build: 6800GS or 7600GT

kocheez75

In Runtime
If there's a thread that already discussed this, please post a link (too lazy to search). Even though the 7600GT has higher clock speeds, is it possible to get better performance by overclocking and unlocking the pipelines of the 6800GS? Also, whats the significance of 256bit vs 128? Thanks.

The 7600GT was designed to replace the aging 6600GT. Not to mention, it replaced the 6800 series. Get the 7600GT. It beings newer stuff to the table. I'd go for it. ;)

The 7600GT, while having 128 bit, is still faster. It hardly costs more, so at this point it's impractical to get the 6800GS. Get the 7600GT, you'll be glad you did.

As for overclocking, I really couldn't tell you. I have used both cards in other systems that don't belong to me, so i've never been able to experiment.

But like Justin said, the 7600GT has newer technology, so i'd go for it.

yeah, 7600 does look better, all except for the bandwidth, which isnt much of a concern. Ill probably be upgrading to dx10 when it comes out anyways.

Brings new technology into the region. Its got to be the best bet, but it depends really if you're buying it as a main buy, or just until you get a 7800 or something.

Back
Top Bottom