computer won't boot at all...please help

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hello, i got an older computer with a 10 gb ide hard drive and a amd k-6 550 mhz processor with 312mb ram... i was installing me after i had formatted it, and the me setup ran through till after done copying files...then it rebooted...and now it won't boot off of anything...i tried floppy, cd's and nothing works...normally it will come up a dos screen-like saying "boot from atapi cd rom - no bootable cd rom found", but that note doesn't even come up anymore, instead it just sits on a black screen with "_" flashing...and the hard drive light stays on....i went into my bios and went and found it still picks up my hard drive...what may be happening...i need to get this fixed asap, thanks

Just something random, but are you using a Daewoo by any chance?

Anyways, that looks like Windows wasn't well installed or corrupted. You need to reinstall Windows

What is the priority boot device as written in the BIOS? Make sure that is now set to boot from harddrive.

it won't boot off of anything...the hard drive light stays on a black screen....my bios is setup for cd rom first, i tried booting off of windows cd's but they won't boot anymore

maybe bios corrupted...or drive corrupted...i did have windows me on drive...and then i used xp cd to create 2 partitions and formatted one of them and the other one isn't formatted...maybe mbr? i had similar problems before with mbr...but it won't boot off anything..

How about unplugging the HDD and see if you can proceed? if it does, then try booting with the CD and floppy only. No HDD boot.

i just saw in my bios...hd-00, hd-01, hd-02...etc...i tried setting all 3 boot devices in that order and still the same thing....would it be hard drive..even though bios picks up hard drive?

i think hard drive is corrupted..maybe mbr...or where i have a partition thats not formatted (raw)...i'm taking hard drive out now and see what happens...any other ideas through them at me!, thanks

unplugged hard drive...everything's back,,,it came up...update success...and then replace system disk...now should i try plugging hard drive back in?

yeah, try putting it back in and try to boot from cd and install windows xp this time cuz ME sucks big ass

Back
Top Bottom