Doom 3 exceedingly high frame rate

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What in the world is Doom 3 capable of in terms of frames per second? I'm getting obscene readings showing 330fps +. Of course, I disable the 60fps limit in the game. My video card hit the upper 80's and CPU neared 60 degrees!!!! My PC just restarted after it hit the 60 degrees mark. Ouch.

talk about kick ass... but really, there's no point in running a game at those speeds... well... not now anyways, because there's no way our brains could possibly even take in that much... but still very cool.

Chris

Sounds like you have some heat problems, moreso in the CPU. Amd CPUs should never be that hot.. are you using a stock cooler?

I used this code from within the game to get those high frame rates:

Com_Fixedtic -1 (Removes 60 FPS Limit)

GPU and CPU get extremely hot when running like that for more than an hour. I even had my Doom 3 screen in a small window so I can monitor the temps that are displayed in the System Tray while I play. Normally under the 60fps rate, GPU gets like 60 something while the CPU runs around 42-45 degrees consistently.

Once I get that game to run at more insanely high frame rate for a long period of time, it naturally gets hot. What an experience though. FIrst time this ever happens to me. Now I know why they limit it in the first place. Yeah, I am using stock cooler but I'm not going to be playing at those high rates anymore. Going back to 60fps.

Heh yeah that is ridiculous. It's obviously not worth removing the limiter if it causes your CPU to overheat. Still it's cool to know that you can get a FPS that high!

acutally in some games liek return to castle wolfenstein there are certain fps that u can lock it at and makes u jump higher.

Put the code in and see. After you restart the game again, it defaults back to 60 some odd frames. I'm just amazed it can be pushed that high. All in good fun.

Back
Top Bottom