Mods...and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is dandy, however, why can't people be informed? No one really knows what's going on. All we want is just to be filled in and be apart of it. After all, it's a community, you can't be a community yet have division within it. Doesn't work out that way. Yes, I understand that there's staff and then there's members, and I understand that some things don't need to be said, but when a rather high percentage of the people are asking what's going on, I think a simple, "This is happening...blah blah blah" type of response could be of help.

Of course, my intentions are not to cause a hell storm or anything. I just want answers to the simple questions that are being asked. :)

I think the final solution, is to get it through to David to monitor the forums activity, and the activity of those active responsible members, taking note of the different timezones.

here a lot of the time?

I've been here paractically everyday this year.

and moving a thread, or banning a user doesn't require a post, so with most 'work' done as a mod is transparant, and you don't know who did it or when they did it.

Lord Kalthorn is harldy ever here because he works 12 hour days.

perhaps the reason these people manage to remain mods even when they are not posting as much as you, means that they are better members, even if not as greater posters.

For instance, I get to work at nine, leave at 5, and spend the whole day checking CF every once in a while, this past week alone I've spent roughly 40hours on the forum.

it's the 13th week of the year, so I've spent somewhere in the region of 500 hours, (minimum) on this forums this year alone..., you'll also see that I've been here for more than two years now...
IE, I've spent more hours online than you've been a member, (my posting/browsing time 4500 hours, your joined time roughtly 4000 hours).

All I can say is that is I don't meet a minimum online time standard then neither do you my friend.

All I can say is I'm sorry that i don't appear to be here enough for you, but what with having a job, and a life ourside of the forum I've not been physically able to spend more time here!!!

on the other hand, I'm glad that the actions I take as a moderator do go un-noticed to a certain extent.

Also regardless of what you say about nobody listening to the idea of more american mods, this is an idea that I posted in the staff lounge weeks before the idea was mentioned on the forum.

mammikoura said:
actually I think that it's a great idea.
If it's possible to make it so that u can only ban for a maximum of 3h, and maybe move and edit posts too.

But I do think that this is a very good idea.

Thanks, yeah I thought this might be another solution instead of getting new mods..

There is one thing to make sure if new mods are appointed. We ALL need to be active or at least keeping an eye at in ALL forums.

I don't really cares about what happens, but loking at it and mods not closing and such, I can sense somethng will happen. I never actually seen this coming, but this is the tidalwave we're getting. The must be the Grade 7-9 noobs that thinks thy're god and we're losers... Trust me, this is becoming a problem.

Oh and...what root says is totally true. Like, I'm here every night, when no homework or when it's done, and sometimes, I try to drop in here and there...

Root is well here...each time I drop during school, he's here or 85% of the time he is. :)

Root. I manage a job, somewhat of a social life, school, homework and all that other crap that comes with it. I know how much time you're here, but, I guess form your lack of not being in the social lounge or general hardware/software area I guess I failed to see you, along with other members.

See, saying that you suggest mods from America is a good thing, it let's us know that we're tightning up the security on the forum, to prevent such incidents as the one a few days ago, and that we're definetly making more progress in terms of posts, members, things liek that. And did informing us of the moderator in America suggestion really do any harm? No, it does good, so why can't we be informed of things liek this? :confused:

Oh and lhuser, what are you saying is becoming a problem? People who are in grade 7 through 9 joining, or what? I'm a little confused by that paragraph. Please explain. :)

JustinMcG67 said:
Oh and lhuser, what are you saying is becoming a problem? People who are in grade 7 through 9 joining, or what? I'm a little confused by that paragraph. Please explain. :)

OK, let's try this again. What I'm saying is thjat the grade 7-9 people that joins usually tend to do that crap. All they want is crap, nothing else. I have that thing in school and luckily, I get to graduate this year :cool:

But, this new wave of guys just makes it a pain. Last year, it was more peaceful than now...and when Darkblade's attack and Giancarlo' attack hit us,it was better than now. Hey, I'm realising something: since we upgraded the board, all thisproblems became to arize...

I think I agree with the general consensus here and say that we need to be informed with what actions are being taken in light of recent events. From the posts i have been reading by all the members, there appears to be a majority rule for more moderation- especially during North American daylight hours. I, personally, am expecting some changes and I expect to see some new mods appointed soon. I know there must be someone who uses this site on a day to day basis that is more than qualified to become a moderator. I actually know of a few (for the record i am not refering to myself). It is clearly not much of a problem to appoint new mods. If anything it helps solidify this site as a reputable and respectable forum. Please just take the forum members' advice and consider our requests.

Well, no one pays any attention to me, but I'll say this anyways...

I'm here EVERY DAY. Even when friends are over I do a checkup. I am an active forum member, this isn't a beg for being turned into a mod, this is about my views on the topic:

I say, that pretty much everyone who ISNT a mod thinks that we need new mods, and that SOME need to be replaced. I don't think any need to be replaced really, maybe a few, but that's for reasons I will discuss later....

So, what we have here is a riot. SOmeone came in and SPAMMED the forums for literally 6 hours. I saw spam for EVER. What I do know is that I woke up in the morning, checked the forums, got back from life, checked the forums, and there was STILL spam. Now, I don't know about you, but we all have to agree that was pretty bad. I think we should get some American Mods, definately. I think that we need 1 central mod, one west mod, and one east mod, (withen North America and Canada and all) AT LEAST.

I also think some mods go on power trips, but with power comes evil. Power corrupts.

But, by signing up for mod, you sign up for a bit of corruption, and hell. I mean, we all know most mods want mod so they can "justify" things. From the all seeing eye, we see this "justify" is a shaky word.

Now, I think some mods are WAY too inactive, and manage to only show their faces when something happens.

Now, UK31337, I'm not trying to blame you for anything, but probobly 60% of gurus have more posts than you. As an active member, I would think that a mod would need to be contributing with daily posts But, I think you have lack of that, and as a matter of fact, as someone that frequents this place....

I have only seen your face 5 times.

5 times. And you magicly show up in those 2 times when something happens. Now, what about that daily post thing? What's going on there?

I'm not trying to attack you but I rarely see you, ever.

In short (again), we need new mods and yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom