chkdsk

Thanks for the suggestion. Now I've discovered I can't get the computer to get into Safe Mode. I have followed all the directions from help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Laura

Yes I hit f8 on startup, it just sat there, nothing happened. Maybe I didn't let it sit long enough - I am not known for my patience. Will try again.........

laura

Try to keep tapping f8, it should do it,

[and when the computer first boots you should see a screen of your motherboard brand up] / ignore that if you dont understand

flablonde said:
Help!!! Please.....this is one of the few items that wasn't taken during Hurricane Ivan and I have to admit I am somewhat emotionally attached to it. I am attached to everything I have that wasn't "ivanized

Imgine you are, good luck :)

Okay, I have finaly got it to safe mood, but still nothing will happen for dfrag. it's keeps telling me i must chkdsk. any new suggestion please would be SO greatly appreciated.....

I think the time is to get your shoes on and put it through your pc's front case, hehe that's would I would do if it done that to me, I have no patience what so ever I would be punching walls about now swearing at my pc and offering it out for a fight lmao :) nahh honestly I wouldn't know from there. About nows when I give up lmao

SUCCESS!!!!

I don't know worked but I was finally able to chkdsk on the command prompt and then able to defrag!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me through this....Maybe I can keep this computer afterall.

Thanks again so much.
Flablonde

Well I had posted a last resort command for chkdsk but since you go it going it's redundant.

Back
Top Bottom