Interent Explorer 7

Ok yea so I downloaded the Beta version of IE7 and it works fine i gues but then I wanted to uninstall it from my compy and so I go to Add/Remove Programs and its not their evern though the net says o just click show updates so I did but noo it still doesnt show it and so im like hmm ok maybe i can try a reinstall and then a uninstall and it will be fine.. but nooo its like no we cant uninstall it frm youre compyim like damn wtf!, so im like ok I will just go back to internet Explorer 6 but noo i get a message saying um yea youre lappy has a better version installed so im going to stop and not put this on youre comp...FREAKING INTERNET FRICKING MICROSOFT and yes I use Firefox but it would be nice if this was fixed

I think I need the folder that goes in Windows...

I think its called

$NtUninstallie7bet2p$

Internet Explorer is integrated into Windows. If you used Internet Explorer 7, it just replaces the IE6 files. In other words, unless you want a extremely screwed up Windows, don't even try to remove Internet Explorer. I'm waiting for the final release of IE7 or Windows Vista to come out first. Why? Because Betas usually have all sorts of issues and bugs.

I make it a policy to never use a beta version of anything. Because beta versions are just what alvino said, and further, almost never contain an uninstall function. You will have to go to search, enter IE7, and find where all the places IE7 is stashed, and delete each file manually. Then go to Microsoft and download.

You could just delete the program files..then registry files if you can.

Maybe a system restore?

Did you go to add/remove software then to add/remove windows components? because i installed ie 7 and after uninstalled it fine. you can uninstall it from there then just re-install ie 6 from you windows cd. it wont mess up your Windows at all.

joxley1990 said:
You could just delete the program files..then registry files if you can.

Maybe a system restore?

Thanks bro for the sugg but my system restore is screwed lol it never stays on

yeah, you can just go to add/remove windows components, remove internet explorer and reinstall it and it will reinstall the old version and ie7 will be gone forever.
Thats exactly why I use firefox......lmao

joxley1990 said:
Lol, what does IE 7 have that firefox doesnt?
Actually I think it's just catching up with Firefox with the tabbed browsing and such....lol

IE7 is your new engine. Can't do anything. Try downloading IE6 and rolling back to it.

Back
Top Bottom