Procy

Don't know if helps in clarification but I'll add that the Clawhammer, like people have been saying, is and old core and San Diego is much more modern.

San Diego. If I were you, get the Athlon 64 3700+ instead. Some people have been getting ones with cores that are superior to the FX-57's. If I'm correct, it should be the KAB3E core or something. Ownage can clarify on that.

hahahah, yeah, over at XS this one guy got a KAB3E, i have only seen one so i assume its very very rare. But a 3700+ will be better than a 4000+ because with the 4000+, you only get a higher multiplier, which i believe is 12x. A 11x multi is perfectly fine. Just bump the FSB up 200 mhz and you make up for the loss in clock speed. And you get more memory bandwidth.

San Diego all the way. I've seen them too alvino, they are overclocking like nutcakes! Ownage - you wouldn't need to put the FSB up 200mhz to get the extra 200mhz you needed - you'd be taking the frequency up 2200mhz then :p You'd need to take the FSB up about 20mhz or so for it to be running at the same speed as a 4000+

The Clawhammer is much older - it was released to be a higher version of the Newcastle. The Newcastle was then outdated by the Winchester, but the Clawhammer left alone, and then San Diego was released with the Venice core. The San Diego will have extra stuff like a better memory controller and SSE3

Ahhh, thanks for the correction prosser13, wasnt thinking clearly last night. *bangs head on wall*

G9 said:
Which of these is more powerful? Check out the process type.

OMG, you can't be serious about the Clawhammer. Yes, please get the San Diego core. It is a must have. Don't even consider the ancient almost museum quality Clawhammer.

Back
Top Bottom