Water cooling

XEN

In Runtime
Hi,

I thought I knew quite a bit about modding and stuff, but what is a water cooling unit? I've seen it mentioned in loads of places, yet I'm never sure what it is. Some explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Water cooling is another way of cooling high performance systems, I have googled it and there is lots of information on this site

Water cooling

The real advantage to water cooling is its ability to handle much greater CPU wattages than any air cooler can, and not be affected by high case temperatures. A water cooler will not produce significantly lower CPU temperatures than a good air cooler can, if used with a low wattage CPU. When you are using a high end or heavily overclocked CPU that puts out a lot of heat, even a small DIY water cooling system will keep the CPU temperature reasonably low.

Water cooling is the ideal solution for overclocking power hungry CPUs such as the Pentium 4 Prescott and Athlon FX series of chips. Water cooling will not give huge performance increases over high end aircooling when used with older CPUS, but can allow you to achieve low temperatures with much less noise than an air cooling solution. (Taken from spodesadobe.com)

I hope that this is useful, if you run a search on google, then you will be able to find information on all aspects of watercooling from DIY to watercooling kits.

aslo watercooling doesnt need to be used for overclocking but if u game and u get high temps it will keep it at a safe cool temp and have the temp very stable. i have watercooling def worth it if u can pay for it and if u dont move ur pc a lot because parts fall off easy like the resvoir cause its heavy.

you dont know how much trouble i went through to watch that tomshardware video in os x cuz my quicktime got messed up, so i had to download vlc

I just watched that video and I was surprised on how he put the motherboard in. He just grabbed on to the waterblock and put it in. That cant be safe. I wouldnt pick my motherboard up by my heatsink.

Yeah, all the videos they handle the parts like they are crap. I guess they have the money to do that.

watercooling is for people who are really anal about their processor temps, you probly dont need one. they do keep the cpu a lot cooler, but it's not really even necessary if youre not going to overclock

Back
Top Bottom