I Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This almost reminds me of the horrible little flame wars we had after the last mod nomination.. and well, we don't even know if david is going to make somepeople new mods and we're already fighting about it? Come on guys, we're all good people here. I'm sure none of us would like to see the same crap go down again that happened last night. But fighting about it amongst our own ranks isn't helping one little bit. Just settle down, lets see what happens. Untill then, lets get on with our normal posting habits.

Chris

draconum said:
This almost reminds me of the horrible little flame wars we had after the last mod nomination.. and well, we don't even know if david is going to make somepeople new mods and we're already fighting about it? Come on guys, we're all good people here. I'm sure none of us would like to see the same crap go down again that happened last night. But fighting about it amongst our own ranks isn't helping one little bit. Just settle down, lets see what happens. Untill then, lets get on with our normal posting habits.

Chris
Yeah cause no one said i want to be a mod or if you need a mod i can be one we were just suggesting that we need mods on another time zones thats all.

NeXuS said:
Yeah cause no one said i want to be a mod or if you need a mod i can be one we were just suggesting that we need mods on another time zones thats all.

Exactly, I was here for a little while durring th spam attack, and I saw no beggin of being mods, just people really fustrated at the fact that they couldn't do anything about what was happening. Now they're just suggesting we get mods in different time zones that will help make the board monitored as much of the day as possible. I'm sure none of us want to see that again. So I'm sure that the people who were where last night, and are getting acused of asking for a mod position are quite angry at the fact that they're being acused of something they're not doing, because of them jsut showing some concern and wanting to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Chris

draconum said:
Exactly, I was here for a little while durring th spam attack, and I saw no beggin of being mods, just people really fustrated at the fact that they couldn't do anything about what was happening. Now they're just suggesting we get mods in different time zones that will help make the board monitored as much of the day as possible. I'm sure none of us want to see that again. So I'm sure that the people who were where last night, and are getting acused of asking for a mod position are quite angry at the fact that they're being acused of something they're not doing, because of them jsut showing some concern and wanting to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Chris
Yeah and it was weird hearing crap coming out a guru were just trying to make CF a better place :D

Yes, as I've said before, "It's all about the community." Meaning, we have to set rules and boundaries for us to make US better. So that we as a community are better and promote ourselves in a respectable and mature way. No one wants to join a forum full of idiots and people who just argue all the time, which saddly enough to say is generally what happens in the Social Lounge. However, as an example of last night, one thing remains, the forum is requesting more moderators. Simply because for hours last night someone was able to roam around and post very disturbing images, and with no consequence whatsoever.

Anywho, that's all I wanted to say. :)

Okay, after the events of last night.. the only thing we can all agree on honestly is that we don't want it to happen again and most of us are trying to come up with ideas to prevent it happening again.

Whether that means more moderators (which seems to be my idea as well), or simply having the current moderators covering more time (if possible), something should be changed to prevent problems like that in the future.

Lets not fight amoungst each other though, and try to aim for a common goal at least for now. For most if not all of the regulars, and some of the newer members, that is to improve the community.

Now, I say if everyone can put their views / comments about new moderators, or what should happen, in one thread where we can easily adress it to David.. a change very well might happen.

Now, the thread I've made on the topic of new moderators is here:
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=34822&page=1&pp=15

I'm not trying to make my thread popular, nor spam or anything.. I'm just simply trying to make it the spot for everyones comments on this.

Most of you have an opinion on yesterday's events and how that can be prevented. When you voice your opinion is the only time when you can and will see change.

THANKYOU! Draconum and Bahawolf for bringing some rationality into these threads! And thanks to dev0115 and Justin for realizing that Computergen is not helping the situation at all.

Where was I that night? Probably burning my Wireless adapter...yes it burned! Stupid AC plug is on and off working...but in a matter of milliseconds! :mad:

I don't know where was I last night...that's really freaky. Wait a minute...I was there, but...what time did this had a start and end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom