WIndows Vs LInux?

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hey there I have windows xp and I just recently gave LInux a go from my computer tec in school and I installed it on my second hard drive so I have a choise what one to run at the start, I just wanted to know, which one is better in your opnion, I'm not sure weather to stay with windows vecause I know it soo well, but with linux I have hardly and clue what to do?, it's just soo different lol. I'm currently on it now, soo DOn't know what to do lol

Thanks for reading guys, byee

Yeah of course linux takes some time to get used to. You're at the point where a lot of people just decide to give up on it and scrap it. I really like using linux although, lol i am currently using windows XP. It's just that nearly all programs and games are written for windows and a lot aren't compatible with linux. That is only thing from keeping me from making a complete switch over to linux. What distro are you using btw?

Sorry, what do you mean by distro, sorry but I just could'nt think of what it was lol

90% of all programs run on windows... if you want to go past a single screen, massive programming is required... and emmense programming to get any game to work on linux... plus, there are display compatability issues, along with internet, etc. For convience, microsoft pwns, but, then, linux is way more customizable, etc.

IronMaiden6669 said:
Sorry, what do you mean by distro, sorry but I just could'nt think of what it was lol

I just mean the version of linux you are using like Ubuntu, Fedora, knoppix and so on.

As good as linux really is... it's just not suitable for most people. I happen to play games.. and well.. playing games is completely impractical on linux. using windows is less time consuming and headache inducing than linux is. Just a fact, a fact that I hope changes someday.

Back
Top Bottom