downloaded files

help123

Solid State Member
whenever i download something, after it is downloaded there is no way to change where it installs, because i have a Sony computer, they purposley fill the C drive to make you use the D drive... i have no idea why, but do u guys know a way i can set it so files automaticly install to the D drive?

Im not overly sure. I'm sure this is of no help to you but i thought during the installation you can pick where you would like the program to go.

It seems like you want it to automatticlly do it, try google i'll give it a quick search as well to see if i can come up with something for you

I did some searching on google but couldn't come up with something good, i'm sure someone will be on later that can answer your question, there's a vast amount of knowledge here.

You can change the default installation drive by doing the following;

Run the Registry Editor and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.

Look for the value named ProgramFilesDir.

The value should be by default C:\Program Files. Edit the value to any valid drive or folder; XP will use that new location as the default installation directory for new programs.

Make sure you back up your registry first, just in case.

does registy editor automaticly come with windows? cause remember.. i cant use it if i need to download it

Back
Top Bottom