Computer resetting itself...

rphinks

Beta member
My computer is resetting itself when running games. At first I thought it was the video card so I replaced the cooling fan. Then when I went to download a patch for that game it does it again. So that makes me think it is something else that is resetting. This problem has been going on way too long and I need to find a solution soon. Any advice would be much appreciated. :(

Did you check out what your temps are like, if your temps are to high it will shut the comp down after a bit, you may need another cooling fan in ur computer.

Download speedfan and tell us your temps along with your system specs..

yeah that happened to me with my old comp with counter strike. i could run sof2, but i couldnt run counter strike! It was really odd, anyways, i figured it had to do with something with openGL, but if yours shut down while you were downloading, then its most likely the PSU, its wierd Dev0115, i see people recommend speedfan all the time, in fact i have i done it before, but people hardly ever do it and repost, hmmph, they obviously dont want their problem fixed :)

temp1: 42C
temp2: 52C (has a flame next to it)
temp3: 46C

I dont know a whole lot about system specs but this is what I can tell you. AMD Duron processor 1.60 GHz 512 mb RAM. Graphics card is nvidia geforce 4 ti4200. If you need anything else tell me. Hope this helps.

and now when I click on my nividia menu in the taskbar the monitor clicks...wasnt doing that yesterday :(

are those idle temps or temps while your gaming????? If there only idle temps you should try to measure the temps while your playing the game that reset's your comp to see how high they get.

As for your monitor try unplugging it for a minute or two the plugging it back in that may clear up the clicking.

Temeperatures arent changing much. temp 2 is at 55C right now as Im trying to update the game. updating is really slow though and Im expecting to be reset soon.

it don't seem like it's overheating. May be a bad psu?? check the voltage on the power supply?

Back
Top Bottom