quick AVG question...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi,
Can I just leave AVG free edition to run in the system tray. Will this offer some protection against viruses?

Do I have to run regular virus scans with it?

Thank you!!!

Well I use it as my main virus scanner and leave it running all the time. Whenever I go to a site that has potential viruses... it pops up asking me If I wanna heal or delete the files. I think its a real good scanner.

So, I dont necessarily have to open the program and manually tell it to scan the whole system. Or should I do this every once in a while?

Well virus or no virus... its good to probably do scans using something like adaware, avg and whatever else once a week or so.

AVG does block stuff tho. If you come across a new virus... it usually pops up immediately.

AVG free works fine as resident AV, in the scheduler you can schedule scans and updates, just set it to load with windows and scan/ update times that are to your liking, set and forget.

I would personally leave AVG in your system tray, it adds another level of defense, the only time I disconnect, is if I am offline from the internet, for some hungry resource program or game.......but no leave it on all the time.....

Oh and Deathstar, there is a rule about the number of lines that your sig can be, a maximum of 5 lines.....

GlasseyeUK said:
...... Oh and Deathstar, there is a rule about the number of lines that your sig can be, a maximum of 5 lines.....

mmmmmm, I must have misread something, for some reason I had 7 in my mind, all fixed :)

I have a problem with my AVG or is this normal??. I have zone alarm and AVG but AVG disables the email security and the real time security I think it maybe zone alarm because it protects you from those things anyway,

Back
Top Bottom