Old Threads

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Seeing as there have been a number of old threads being dragged up, and it becomes irritating after a while, is there a way of either archiving old threads or simply deleting them when they reach a certain age, for example 6 months.

How many people actually look back further then that for information, and with the rapid development of technology, software how much of that information is still relevant today.

If we had the guide secton as suggested by another member and in combination with deleting old threads, older then 6 months it would be come a lot cleaner professional looking forum. I have noticed on some of the more popular areas, that the list of pages stretch the browser page wide and to reach the end of the list well its quite lengthy.

Not to go over the issues raised in another thread, but if the guide section was well kept, and updated frequently it would save a lot of of hassle for new members searching for information, and also be an excellent resource for others.

I have my doubts on why people are dragging up old threads, because most of them do not appear to be useful or informative, so the suspicious part of me would suggest that they are being used to boost posting numbers there are other things which are going on which would suggest this also but its not for this to go into now.

well alot of people dont nescessarally post on old forums, but they reference from them. Say there is someone who has a question about a computer, by keeping the older forums up, with a similar question relating to the persons problem, we are actually saving space on the server, because a new one doesnt have to be posted. People can see the forums from simply googling a question and pulling up the forum, there for it makes it alot easier for people trying to access the original purpose of this forum... helping people! :)

I understand what your saying there its a good point, my question is how many people actually do this, I guess its something that could never be quantified, although in the hardware/software section we do seem to get a lot of the same or very similar questions.

If there was a guide section would this not actually be appearing on google as well so again drawing people to the forum?

Well i think he made this thread just for me. lol yea guys um im sorry abotu how I bring up old threads...

natej315 said:
Well i think he made this thread just for me. lol yea guys um im sorry abotu how I bring up old threads...

Sorry mate the thread was not made just for you, it was actually made in response to some thing Mark brought up in another thread about lots of old threads being ressurected.

Back
Top Bottom