Worth an upgrade to ATI?

Zapdos

In Runtime
I have been looking around and have noticed that ATI is in the lead with graphics that are "amazing". So me, i am a Nvidia user (PCI Ge 6600GT) and i was wondering if i was to "Upgrade" to an Ati motherbord and a shiny new ATI card a 512 mb instead of maby upgrading to a 7800gtx 512. Would it be worth it.

Computer specs- AMD 3700+ 2.7ghz OC, nForce 4 Ultra mobo, geforce 6600GT PCI express, 120gb, 1gig, 485watts

Sure. As a matter of fact, I'm probably soon ordering a X1900XT. We had quite a discussion about this, check out the thread 7800GT vs. X1900XT.

Not to steal a thread but Does chipset matter what video cards you can have? I am going to get a new card soon its going to be a X800GTO but currently I have a nvida card, so am I going to have problems getting an ATI card? My chip set is:
North Bridge: VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800
North Bridge: AMD Hammer IMC
South Bridge: VIA VT8237
Is this any good or crappy? Can it do an ATI card? Can it do that ATI card? (here is a link to it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102609)

Upgrading to an X1800GTO or X1900XT is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. I strongly suggest anything in the 7800 series or X1K series of cards. :)

as long as ur motherboard supports pcie16, then u should be able to use an ati card, or any card that uses that interface, not just nvidia

Zapdos said:
I have been looking around and have noticed that ATI is in the lead with graphics that are "amazing". So me, i am a Nvidia user (PCI Ge 6600GT) and i was wondering if i was to "Upgrade" to an Ati motherbord and a shiny new ATI card a 512 mb instead of maby upgrading to a 7800gtx 512. Would it be worth it.

Computer specs- AMD 3700+ 2.7ghz OC, nForce 4 Ultra mobo, geforce 6600GT PCI express, 120gb, 1gig, 485watts
Yeah you dont really need a ATI mobo unless you wanna do cross fire but if you intend on just having one X1900XTX is ok on the NVDIA mobo and the XTX crushes the 7800GTX

really i dont need a new mobo!! :D:D??? cuz its a nvidia mobo, an ati card would work for sure? this is my computer http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/9643/picture0187tm.jpg

My Chip mobo has "Expansion Slots
• PCI Express x16 port for PCI Express graphics card
• Two PCI Express x1 ports
• Three 32-bit PCI slots (v2.3 compliant) "

So would that be able to take ATI cards... and just not crossfire, right? Thaks for the help, i really appreciate it :)

And if its not too much trouble could you show me a ATI card that would work on my mobo. thanks :)

yea it will work if you have PCI-e you dont really need a new mobo unless you want to use dual video card setup from ATI called crossfire. Any ATI card will work

NeXuS said:
yea it will work if you have PCI-e you dont really need a new mobo unless you want to use dual video card setup from ATI called crossfire. Any ATI card will work

ok, money saved:).

Back
Top Bottom