X1900XT vs. 7800GT

It's worth it. That's really all I can say. You have to experience it for yourself. If you read my review, I believe mine is the last one on the first page of reviews.Then you'll get a better understanding of it. :D

...Wow! That was you! Haha, I was marvelling at the temperatures especially for that review (the difference). 30 Celsius! That's amazing. And that is a HUGE overclock! You've got two huge overclocks, if you still have it like that.

Okay, now, for selling my 7800GT, I have everything, except for Quake 4... Which won't be coming... :D But, nevertheless, how much do you think I could get for the whole thing (minus Quake 4)? And what's the best way to sell stuff online? I really don't want to sign up for eBay and deal with that, but is there a better way?

I'd sell your 7800GT for $250.

Ok, now here's a question for you! Should I buy the 7800GS next paycheck, basically next week, or save up everything for like, another two months, and buy an entirly new PC? All I want to be able to do is play F.E.A.R at maximum settings. I love that game, it's really the only one I play online with at the moment. So yeah, what should I do?

Hmm... What socket is your CPU? If it is LGA, then keep it. If it is PGA, I'd trash it. Regardless of that, you need new RAM. I would recommend new RAM before a new video card, personally. That's quite slow. Also, I would recommend a new motherboard, since it only has AGP. If it has the PGA socket, then definitely upgrade that (obviously, with a new CPU as well). Then, a new graphics card in PCI-Express format! The HDD could use an upgrade, but you could probably stick with that. And, the PSU is probably okay, if that's the one from ThermalTake. I've heard good things about that one, seems like a steal of a deal for the price they sell it at.

So, basically, I'm saying I would upgrade the whole PC. That way, you'll be futureproofed with Intel. You might possibly want a 7800GT in the mix? :D:D

Back
Top Bottom