quick windows 95 question

dude_se

Proper Legend
i had xp on a pc then i re installed 95 over it as it seemed to let me. now i have 95 on the pc which works fine exept after i deleted the windows folder xp was in. first of all it seemed to say i had the same amount of free space even after removing the files from the recycle bin. i found it went to a folder called "recycled" in the c drive. i deleted all the files from there and now when i see the free disk space it says 2.19gb free out of 3.3gb which seems about right, but the whole circle is purple as if 100% is free. what could of happened to it?

nah mate lol, dont think theres that option in windows 95. might just put 98 back on but 95 is well fast as that was the os the pc was designed for. any more ideas?

what made you decide to try and install windows 95 over top of XP? That is going to create a conflict by doing that (which you are obviously experiencing). My advice is to properly reformat the harddrive and then do a clean install of windows 95 over again.

What's the PC specs?

Newer PCs have hardware conflicts...such as a PII266MHZ can be reported as a PEntium Pro, HDDsize may be wrong...

its a crappy 200mhz 32mb ram pc. i installed xp as a test then couldnt install 95 from the cd drive in dos so had to copy the files to the hdd. i only had the problrm when i removed all the xp files from the recycled folder. apart from that all works great

r installed the wrong usb support thing by ccident. clicked on the file by accident now 95 wont boot up so i gotta re install xp then put 95 back on as i cannot get access to the cd drive in dos even though i used to and can in explorer. only the xp cd will boot up and thats by setting cd to first boot device

Back
Top Bottom