help with limewire!

danagol

Baseband Member
hi, i have got the free, basic limewire and have a 2.3mbps broad-band enabled laptop. however why can i only download at a maximum of around 20kbps? all of the settings i have messed around with but i still have had no luck. does anyone know why this may be?

The freeware version does limit the transfer speeds if I'm not mistaken. I think that's why I went Pro. :p

Well, this is in the wrong section first off but a mod will take care of that.

Anyway onto your problem, it is most likely your connection, if it is wireless that will cause a small drop not to mention 2.3MBits is not much to begin with.
Your problem is most likely the amount of people that are downloading and uploading the file...the more people that are uploading then the better rates you will get...you are probably downloading files with less downloaders...try downloading something really popular.

Yeah, your download rate will vary depending on the upload rate of other users.

On a different note, Limewire stinks!

MikeReiner said:
Yeah, your download rate will vary depending on the upload rate of other users.

I second that. Uploads from another machine is the key of speed.

Yes,I agree with DirtBikeRdr that Limewire "Stinks"..
I use Soulseek for downloading music and Bearshare to download other things although I have noticed my internet speed has slowed down while using Bearshare which is a minus..
Anyway,Maybe if you go to Options | Speed or something like that and raise the max speed maybe that would help?

I think this line is treading on the fine line between allowed and illegal. Especially w/ ReubenK's post...

There are usually options to regulate your speed on programs like that. I don't think that would be an issue though cause usually unlimited is the default.

These are possible problems.
1) Slow uploaders
2) Software limits bandwidth
3) Something else is using your bandwidth, other people on the network or something
4) ISP isn't providing very good service

i get over 200kb/s on the free version sometimes and i have 2mb. i didnt change anything...

Back
Top Bottom