Einstien! You're wrong!

Well folks, I was reading up and listening to some information my Dad learned in his physicas class. And it turns out, that things can accelerate PAST the speed of light! Not only that, but scientists have managed to actually slow light down. It turns out that when E=MC Squared, is referring to the light when all the colors of light are combined. Apparently Red is the fastest, which accelerates faster then 186,000 miles per second, and violet is slower then 186,000 miles per second, or the speed of light.

Anywho, I foudn this very interesting, and wondered how it might tie into the Holographic drives that TRD was talking about. Does this mean that we can take the holographi image and making it faster? Or maybe even hold more space? Anywho, just found this to be very interesting and wanted to share it with you guys. :)

Well.. As convincing as that is, it could be wrong.. Maybe :confused:

Very interesting though..

So? That was in the 1940's when Computers took whole buildings to fit and still performed slower than the worst PC's today. It also doesn't eliminate the fact that Albert Einstein was one of the greatest thinkers of the 20th Century along with Sigmund Freud.

Anyways, that's pretty cool. :D

I'm not saying Einstein is stupid, I'm saying his theory is, well, wrong. They've speed light up, slowed it down by a factor of 4, and stopped it all together. They've done some pretty sweet stuff! :D

I guess you can say that his theory is outdated. Not wrong. After all, it's a theory.

It was wrong. He said, "Nothign can accelerate to or past the speed of light." We've accelerated past the speed of light, and to the speed of light. He's wrong. It's as simple as that.

of course its outdated..he replaced Isaac Newtons theory and, though it still does apply in most cases, there are exceptions(just like newtons theories apply on earth, but not everywhere in the universe) actually there are also a type of particle the hasn't been identified yet but it is faster than light. scientist have noticed these particles as escaping black holes(if light can't escape then only something faster can) additionally the illusive graviton is proposed to be faster than light but they have to find it first. i believe the new thoery the vies for superiority against einsteins theory is the string thoery. might be wrong about that. :p all this is in "A Brief History of the Universe" by Stephen Hawking and "What the BL&&P do we KNow" ( a very nice documentary) please tell me if i got something wrong, i like to have correct info) hope this is enlightening.

I saw "What the BLEEP Do we know." I thougth it was stupid. All that one lady said was, "How we're ALLL Gods" it got kind of old after awhile. Plus! It was filmed here in Portland Oregon! She even rode the MAX, our public train. w00t! We're famous!

lol i agree in general that it was kinda dull after a bit but i liked how it provided all sides of the arguement(no matter how.....odd) it did not need to be almost 2 hours:D

Back
Top Bottom