48 core processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of that before. Thats amazing. I mean I knew there were super computers, but I thought only the goverment had things that powerfull, you know.. that unpublsihed technology. Wow, thats awesome though

hmmm i was reading something a while ago that was talking about computers that can put out PETAflops. thats one above tera. i forget where the article is but w/e.

Benny4serious said:
great guess ill never get my super EDITED computer done lol.... they come out wiht one that will make mine look like a stop watch.lol
You've just joined, otherwise I'd have banned you for using offensive language, apology to everyone please.

I wonder if processors in the home will start to be able to process 3D just like GPU's can? I mean, if cores keep increasing to get better performance, the idea of using them for pipelines for 3D games doesn't seem too off cue does it? Or rendering for that matter?

Kage said:
I wonder if processors in the home will start to be able to process 3D just like GPU's can? I mean, if cores keep increasing to get better performance, the idea of using them for pipelines for 3D games doesn't seem too off cue does it? Or rendering for that matter?

Who knows man...

if you have like... 4 cores in a CPU... and MAYBE two are getting used... those extra two cores would probably be well spent on graphics rendering.. but who knows..

But i totally agree, 48 cores is just plain impractical. Maybe for a super computer that requires MAJOR number crunching power... but otherwise this is a useless invention to the likes of us.

Forget about lag. Haha, talk about summmorpg, super ultra mega mass multiplayer online rpg. Anyway, 48 cores is nice and all, but in the war between amd and intel, it's not always about cores. Does anyone know the processing speed?

PS: sorry for bumping this.

Well, posting in a 30-day old thread isn't allowed :) I will need to close it.

Sooo...*thread closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom