My cd drive doesnt work

Zwogon

Solid State Member
My cd/dvd drive doesnt work.. a little short on details, but i dont know more.. And i just got Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion so plz hurry!!

We'll need more details. What exactly is it doing? Has it recently happened, or did it never work?

Does a light come on at bootup? Does the door open/close? What happens when you do put a disc in?

Hope I can help.

NOTE:

If you've had this problem since you put it in, try turning over the IDE lead, as some leads don't have a marker suggesting the right way up. If its in the wrong way, it simply won't boot, and it'll cause problems.

it used to work. nothing weird happens, it just says that there is no disk in the drive if i try to open the D: in My computer or when trying to launch the game.. It says dvd/cd-rw station in D: and there's an E: too which just said dvd station, i dunno if that means something..

DVD/CD-RW Station?

Have you by any chance installed some software in the past to maybe manage the drives?

well.. i think i downloaded some nvidia thing.. i think it was a driver... it said that there was a newer version of it, so i just downloaded it

"FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer."

and a sound card driver

"FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your sound card. Click 'Update Driver' and we'll direct you to your sound card manufacturer."

My computer/ device manager/uninstall both optical drives/ restart your computer.

Zwogon said:
im not sure, i might have uninstalled interactual player
you may have romoved some vital files in the registry when you uninstalled that programe!
i know it sucks, but deleted a dvd programe and lost the use of both my disc drives!
i did a reformat and got them back that way.
you might be able to use a registry mechanic or something.
woz

Back
Top Bottom