New X1800GTO is out. Very interesting video card...

Conspirate said:
ATI just launched it to show like they are winning the GPU battle, or not ready to surrender. Which is hilarious, actually.

Oh for the love of God will you think before you post? ATI has the best GPU out on the market, the X1900XTX, and ATI offers more cards at very reasonable prices. Just ONCE could you do us all a favor, do a little research, and then maybe post with a bit of knowledge? :confused:

Anywho...

The X1800GTO seems to compete against the 7600GT and 7600GS, along with the 6800GS and 7300GS. Or at least those are the cards it can mostly beat when it comes to performance. For only $230 you can't go wrong. It's cheaper then the 7800GT, 7900GT, and only $5 then the 6800GS model. Seems liek the better buy to me. Another thing it offers is the large amount of pixel shader processors, like it's bigger brother counterparts, the X1800XT and X1900 series. The X1900 series boasting 48 and I believe the X1800 series has soemwhere around 36 or 24, although I'm not 100% sure on the actual numbers. :)

[EDIT] The X1800 series uses 16 pixel shader processors. Unliek the X1900 series which uses 48 pixel shader processors. The 7600GT only uses 12 pixel shader processors. But the X1800 series uses 8 vertex shaders and I believe the 7600GT only has 4, although I could be mistaken, but NVIDIA doesn't claim what it has on their website.

Good information. And I think that Conspirate was just saying that that new card reinforces the fact that ATI is ahead in the graphics market, not saying that this put them ahead.

Do you happen to know how many pixel shader processors are in the 7800GT? I'm thinking about upgrading to a X1900XT and flashing it to a X1900XTX, if I get lucky and get the 1.1ns RAM on it. I don't know, they all may come this way. But I know it can be done. Do you think it would be a worthwhile upgrade? I'm really trying to max-out Oblivion on my PC... I'd probably sell my 7800GT here, if I could.

I think that the 7800GT has 20 pixel shader processors, the same as it has in pixel pipelines. I don't know how ATI got 48 shader units out of the X1900XT and XTX, as they only have 16 pipelines. The 7800GT I thought would play Oblivion on maximum settings. :confused:

Not at all. I'm very confused, myself... My friend has it and his computer is not as nice as mine, yet he can play with it pretty much at maximum settings. Don't know his resolution, though.

Mine sure can't, though... Anyway, do you think it'd be a worthwhile idea?

No, a X1900XT, and flashing it to an X1900XTX. It can be done, people on Newegg have done it. I'll have to do a bit more research on it if I get support for doing this. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade from a 7800GT?

Back
Top Bottom