USB or PS/2 faster?

burton_o6 said:
Because usb devices require drivers. And its annoying to install drivers.

Thats actually not true. Well, it may be, but Windows xp already has them. I mean my mouse doesnt have drivers installed. Or keyboard. But my flashdrive does, but its done automaticly. So it might be the same with everything else.. Hell I dunno

your right they usually have the drivers on them alreay, so mice and keyboards dont bother me. But like routers, modems,and printers. I just hate installing them, Im just lazy i guess.

john123 said:
well the computer detects like 10 things when you plug in a new usb device, and you dont know which one to install :(

If you just don't click anything when it says 'Found New Hardware' it'll say your hardware is installed and ready to use if you wait for a couple seconds. On most computers I've used USB stuff on anyway.

When it comes to keyboards, the only advantage using a USB keyboard is going to give you is the abilty for all keys to be pressed at once and have them all register.

On PS/2 keyboards, some key combinations wont work, however this flaw is rarely ever an issue at all.

Take either one, niether will fail you.

Hmm, yeah I thought USB is like a nanoscopic amount slower because PS/2 plugs directly into the hardware. Plus, like you guys are saying, all those drivers to install.

Back
Top Bottom