Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

it wont do anything, unless you dont have enough RAM which you have more than enough. Its because the hard drive loads everything the game needs into the RAM, but if there is not enough RAM it loads it into the paging file, and the paging file is extremely slow.

Well, I have that turned off... I'm guessing I don't need that? Don't tell me a X1900XTX is my only option here... :(

what settings are you playing at? Im playing it at 1680x1050 with HDR, and some other goodies.

1280 x 1024 with HDR... Um... Yeah... :D

The thing that bogs down my system is the swaying grass. With that off, it is okay... Usually around 30 FPS outside and 60 FPS inside (I have to have V. Sync on or there are tears everywhere, it is really annoying...)

This Oblivion game looks very very over-hyped. It's only signle-player, it's basically WoW without the online factor. At least that's what I gather form it. Sure, it may have some cool grpahics, but, any game can do that given the right engine. I don't see the point in this game...none. Maybe it's like a Lengend of Zelda style game, only in a first-person format? :confused:

No, it is actually very fun. You just have to have the right attitude to play it. Morrowind, though buggy, was one of the best games I've ever played in my life, despite all of its shortcomings. It is a game that will be loved by some, hated by some, and some will just think it is okay. It's one of those games, not something like Grand Theft Auto which pretty much everyone thinks is just a barrel of fun (ironic, that's what I'm playing right now... :D).

I hate V. Sync! Can't stand it! With it off, my FPS never drops below about 35 or so with default settings (Ultra-High on 1280x1024!)! :D

But the horizontal tearing is evident, and renders it very unplayable. Hurts my eyes! So on it goes again... :(

Any alternative to this?

Hmm... The PowerColor X1900XT is about 440 bucks on Newegg, which can be BIOS flashed to a XTX... Should I consider this? Will I notice an improvement in games? Because, this way, I can only spend about 300 bucks on it and sell my pristine 7800GT for about 200 bucks or so. I might could even get a little more for it, since they're so hard to find online... :D

What do you guys think? I need some knowledeable, honest opinions here! By the way, there won't be any conflict with running it with an Asus A8N5X, right? It has an nForce 4 chipset, just so you know. Unless you're planning on Crossfire, then you don't need the XPress chipset, right?

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

EDIT: Also, will I have to get another power supply?! It has only 26 amps on the 12 volt rail, not 30 amps... I'm pretty sure it would be okay, but what do y'all think? I don't have too much running; only one HDD and two optical drives which I don't use during gameplay since I don't use the CD.

Back
Top Bottom