48 core processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHILE the X86 world hops from one to two processing cores, startup Azul Systems plans to integrate 48 cores on its second-generation Vega chip, expected next year.

Not out yet. So dual cores are still impressive, lmao!

Too expensive for personal use. Probably just used for corporate or Supercomputer use.

great guess ill never get my super f**k computer done lol.... they come out wiht one that will make mine look like a stop watch.lol

That is just so impractical for everyday use. There are very few computers in the world that would utilize such technology in todays standards.

Banks, Government, large corperations.

Those are the only people that would use it. But the Gonverment makes their own.. So oh well. Anyways.. you would think it would take half the processors, to keep the other half running. Its so much, its like it would bottle neck itself.

I wonder if they can use a whole bunch of them for supercomputer tasks...kind of like IBM's Blue Gene/L Supercomputer, which has a theoretical peak performance of 360 TFLOPS, and scores over 280 TFLOPS sustained on the Linpack benchmark (sustained). The entire Blue Gene/L system has 131,072 CPU cores and takes up 64 cabinets and 2,500 square feet.

The IBM Blue Gene Architecture:
LLNL_BGL_Diagram.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom