Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

That'll do fine, I'm sure. However, why not Crossfire? That's the better option as of now. However, since you're saying you're going to be ending in September, there's no telling what they'll have come up with by then. :D

...Raptor?

why not an X1900XTX than 7900GT's its cheaper and i think it outperforms both plsu you have room for another one on crossfire

dont worry about your specs they should run it fine, the game is just really buggy so everyone is getting bad frame rates. once they release a patch i think it will fix it.

yeah im thinking about getting a new harddrive and a better graphics card this summer... right now i have a 7.2k 160g WD and a leadtek 6600 256mb GPU... so that would hopefully help a ton if i updated. and thankfully when i built my PC i went ahead and got SLi.

Yeah, well, I know it is buggy, I mean we have to be sensible here: the company is Bethesda. :D

I'm eagerly awaiting a patch, but I don't think that it will solve all of my problems. The draw distance in this game is MASSIVE, and a lot of objects are on the screen at once. That's why I'm thinking a Raptor would help... Thoughts?

Okay, seriously guys, I'm thinking about running RAID 0 (that's the one where it accesses both drives for faster speeds, right?) with two 36.7 gigabyte Raptors. However, with the current rebate, the 74 gigabyte one is only 20 bucks more, so if that rebate holds, I'll just go with that since it is 40 bucks more for twice the space! And, I'll use my current hard drive (in signature) for storage, which will be plenty! Now, the question arises... What's the best way to set up my programs on the Raptors? When running that type of RAID, do I only get 36.7 gigabytes of space total, or will I get about 74 gigabytes since there will be two? I'm not too familiar with RAID, so any help would be appreciated. Should I have XP on the Raptors as well as my games? I obviously won't be able to put all my games on the Raptors if I'm only allocated 36.7 gigabytes of space (you know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should just go ahead and splurge and get the two 74 gigabyte drives... :D) Or, should I just have the games on it and not leave Windows XP there... That way, I wouldn't have to reformat, I don't think. But that is definitely an option! I do not want to outlaw that, but, I'd just rather not have to do it. My XP is running fine, by the way, no viruses and it is in good health.

Thanks for that booger of a post, but any help is really appreciated. If I should make a new thread with this information, I'll do that too if you think it is a good idea ;).

http://8xgaming.com/page.php?5
When we first heard about this game we were intrigued by the amount of freedom promised. We were looking forward to the 200+ rumored hours of game play and the immense environments. When the game landed on our desk we were obviously anxious to start playing.
We started by taking time to design our character. We were amazed by the amount of option you could create and laughed at some of the creatures we managed to create.
You start as a prisoner. Your cell has a secret passage way that the king needs to get to. They allow you to tag along to help save the king. You start by heading through the dungeons. This level acts like the tutorial teaching you how to search bodies, fight, pick locks, sneak, and steal stuff. This level is much longer than it needed to be and didn't do anything to make us like the game more.
When we left the dungeons we were greeted with the beautiful world the developers created for us to explore. On you way to the first town you kill a couple creatures then head to the city, where you hit the first major flaw of this game.
A loading screen awaits, but don't worry you don't hit one. Every time you enter or exit a city, building, or room you get to wait at the awesome music-less loading screens. In the video we made you can see just how annoying these are. They do take away from the overall experience of the game play.
If you think the graphics will save this game, you're right; and wrong. The graphics in the cities and some environments are great. They are beautifully rendered. The textures are amazing, when the load. You will hit load screens while walking around and will notice textures in the distance don't load.
The story line is where this game shines, if you follow it. There is too much to do that we didn't follow it at all and did our own stuff. We had fun stealing and joining guilds but it gets old after a while and wonder where the other players are in the RPG.
The last thing we hated about this is no online play. Nothing. Not even scoreboards. Just imagine your favorite MMO, then take away the MMO-ness of it. You have Oblivion.
After we truly look at this game we give it an official score of

7 out of 10

In other words, it's a solid rent.

http://8xgaming.com/download.php?view.7

Thanks, but no thanks. I disagree with that review. And, they lied! There is music during the loading screens, most of the time, anyway :D.

Anyways, quite a few other sites, including IGN, which is the best reviewing site right now in my honest opinion, gave it great scores (9.3 from IGN, which is really quite good). But anyways, about these Raptors! I'm thinking I should make a new thread... :D

Back
Top Bottom