Building a Gaming PC (Micro ATX Motherboard Recomendations)

Gol1ath

Beta member
Im building a Gaming PC around the Aspire X-Qpack Case.
(for LAN reasons)

And i have about 7 million questions
(Budget $3000 or lower)

1) What Micro ATX Motherboard should i get?
2) 2 Graphics cards and 2 hard drives? (why? i dont have alot of space)
3) What Processor should i get?
4) will all graphics cards, sound cards, hardrives, etc. work with everything?
5) Monitor recommendations (not part of budget)
6) Small space so what kind of fan?
7) what does overclocking mean?

everything has to fit... :confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: y a gamin pc with a small case? and i dont think they do SLI Micro ATX Motherboards, overclocking is pushing your hardware over wot it is ment 2 be, eg overclocking a 3.0GHz to 3.6GHz, thats been overclocked by 600MHz

You could build a good pc with the Micro board and case, but not an amazing RIG.

You wont be able to have SLI, you could have one card with two outputs...
If you want it to be a gaming RIG, ide go for one of these

http://www.directron.com/micro939.html

AMD 4000+
7800GTX - or 7900GT
You will have to use onboard sound probs..
DELL Ultrasharp 30"
You can only have one fan..on the CPU becuause of the case...

You might as well get a smaller case, but a bigger one than that, you aint guna be doing very good gaming on that, or overclocking.

you should really just go ahead and pick up another case. If you have a budget of $3000 i am sure you can fit in the cost of a case. Micro-ATX is just not good.

Ok i can see your point for wanting a smaller case because you're into LAN. Forget what I said, micro-ATX will be ok. You can still build a pretty sweet gaming computer even with that. Just not as good as a full ATX mobo but that is just the trade off for portability.

For a processor, you might as well go dual-core. It's not efficiently used ATM but future games are going to be heavily based around dual core. When buying a computer, future prospects are always good to look at.

Graphics card: since you won't have SLI due to the micro ATX, go with something powerful like a 7800GT/GTX, X1900/XT/XTX, or 7900GT/GTX. Hopefully you ordered a mobo with PCI-e interface.

Harddrive configuration: go with a Western Digital Raptor 10000rpm and a larger SATAII hdd for regular storage.

Monitor, i say go with a fast response LCD. A lot lighter than a large CRT (good because will be packing it around with you).

I'm not sure how that is doing for your budget because I would have to check price totals but you might want to do that. im just throwing out recommendations.

Gol1ath said:
http://www.directron.com/rs482infinity.html

would that mobo be good enough if i put a nice processor and like 2gb of ram?

ok yeah that should be all right

Back
Top Bottom