Restore the deleted YIM message archive file

cattielon

Beta member
Hi,

I'm using the Yahoo! Instant Messenger (YIM) Beta and Microsoft XP. About 2 weeks ago, I accidently deleted an important message archive file. Do you guys know any way to restore that file?

Thanks very much indeed.

Cattie

You could try that program, but chances are that if it was 2 weeks ago it has already been overwritten. I doubt you'll be able to get it from that far back but I guess it depends on how many things you've installed since then or how much writing to the hard drive you've done.

Tommy Boy said:
You could try that program, but chances are that if it was 2 weeks ago it has already been overwritten. I doubt you'll be able to get it from that far back but I guess it depends on how many things you've installed since then or how much writing to the hard drive you've done.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I installed the software but couldn't find that file. Tried to delete one more file today to see if it worked but nothing happened. Is there any other ways to restore it? I'm so desperate!!!!!!!!!

I use a program called Active Undelete, it costs money but most of the free versions don't let you restore files without paying anyway.

Tommy Boy said:
I use a program called Active Undelete, it costs money but most of the free versions don't let you restore files without paying anyway.

Have you successfully tried this problem?

Back
Top Bottom