Nanotube circuit could boost chip speeds

I doubt in our lifetime. And if it is, its going to be when were laying in a bed, with serveral tubes hooked up to us, and a family member saying pull the plug. Lol, we will never experice that quantum computer stuff, lol..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I doubt in our lifetime. And if it is, its going to be when were laying in a bed, with serveral tubes hooked up to us, and a family member saying pull the plug. Lol, we will never experice that quantum computer stuff, lol..

I don't know man, things advance so damn quick there is a possibility we might see this technology one day in our life times. Maybe only in its early stages but still i am confident we will see it.

Well, in therory processing power should double every 18 months.. So, I guess we will see. Ill make a bet with you. Lol, lets keep in contact till were say.. 60. And lets see whats happening then, and the loser pays up :D

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, in therory processing power should double every 18 months.. So, I guess we will see. Ill make a bet with you. Lol, lets keep in contact till were say.. 60. And lets see whats happening then, and the loser pays up :D

haha sure! you're on! LOL i can just imagine sitting in my rocking chair (or whatever i may be doing that far into the future) typing on my non-nanotube technology computer and you come knockin on the door yelling "PAY UP OLD MAN!!! I'VE BROUGHT MY WALKER THIS TIME!" lol then i can try to shuffle away to avoid payment because i am a stingey old man who doesn't like to give up his squandered away money. lol...yeah

Wow, I find this kind of thing very interesting...for some reason :p

Yeah, we are coming to the limits of standard silicon processing, but at the moment, aren't we coping by using less nanometres like the latest 65 nano?

I'm sure we'll get to a point where we'll only be able to put processors together to get better speed, and getting more speed out of one only will be near impossible.

That seems a better prospect :p

"Until we understand quantum gravity, we're not going to be running Linux on a black hole."

I found that very interesing, haha, imagine since we have a black hole in the centre of our galaxy, having a super computer running on it?I haven't read the whole article yet to understand all of that.

That would seriously be interesting though. I mean, could it ever be possible to make a controlled black hole?

MIND BURN:

Though I don't understand really how chips of now work with digital information, so I'll have NO chance of understanding THAT stuff :eek:

Back
Top Bottom