Good OS for these specs..

Ubuntu 5.10. Linux is a great alternative to Windows XP, especially if you're too poor to afford the high price it costs. :) Both have great looking UI's, but Linux is FREE! :p Windows XP might run fine, but you should use the classic theme to be safe.

alvino said:
Ubuntu 5.10. Linux is a great alternative to Windows XP, especially if you're too poor to afford the high price it costs. :) Both have great looking UI's, but Linux is FREE! :p Windows XP might run fine, but you should use the classic theme to be safe.

Not too mention alvino...you only tried Ubuntu which runs gnome, you can also run Kubuntu which is the same thing only with KDE which alot of people prefer.

True, I've only used Ubuntu, but I love it. :D It's easy to use and it's actually fun to play around with. :p

lhuser said:
Windows ME/2000 OS OR Suse 8.1

Or...Remember the Windows XP Lite? That'll do it!

lhuser...your mint! I completly forgot about that...im going to put that and 2000 on dual boot, because the guy needs something, and its not on that windows lite...he can jump to 2000

cheerz

You Should probally upgrade youre processor to at least a pentium 4, and you really should upgrade youre ram from kilobytes to megabytes or even gigabytes haha

The computer doesnt have kilobytes RAM, its got 256MB. The processor is 600Mhz with speedstep, so about 700Mhz max, it could do with a RAM upgrade, but I think 256 is ok for now if hes having Windows Lite and 2000.

Back
Top Bottom