Good OS for these specs..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Well my friend just popped his computer on, said it "wouldnt load" so im like god that could be anything, well there isant an operating system on it.

Im not sure which OS to put on it, something that will run pretty well...pref. windows

Processor: Pentuim 3 600Mhz with speedstep
RAM: 256KB
30GB HDD

All the guy wants to do is browse internet, word process, all that little stuff....

Which do you recommend?

Yah.. Just throw XP on it but run bare mins on visual enhancements. Just to smooth it out otherwise put 2000 Pro.

Cant be linux..and throwing it away would not be an option, the guy is poor, and can barely afford to live, its the least I can do..

So you think XP would run ok?

joxley1990 said:
Cant be linux..and throwing it away would not be an option, the guy is poor, and can barely afford to live, its the least I can do..

So you think XP would run ok?

Are you kidding me? You said preferably windows...so I said Linux would be nice...and you say he is poor? And you want him to have a 100 dollar OS instead of a free one? Unless you plan to pirate it of course, which is stealing :).

i'd say windows 2000. windows XP will probably have more issues than 2000, plus u'll be using less resources on 2000 dispite the visual appearence

Back
Top Bottom