How good is DSL?

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I have been using cable internet my entire life but I will be moving into a townhouse next year and they only have DSL hookups in each room. Now I could pay to install cable hookups (which I would rather not do) but I was wondering since I have never used DSL internet, how good is it? Like comparable to cable internet is really slow? I would like to get speeds of at least 100Kb/s. Is it capable of that? Anyone who's used DSL before let me know what you think! ;)

DSL is awesome, I like it alot. Never ever even thought about switching to cable. Where I live the fastest DSL has a maximum dl speed of 1000kB/s, I'm pretty sure that u have atleast as fast options. Of course the faster the more it's gonna cost.

ya i have dsl, and and friend has cable internet.... i can barely notice a difference in speed... except downloads may go a little bit faster on cable

Ive never used DSL but I heard that it suxs lol not as good as road runner jsut get road runner its only 30 bucks a month or some thing like that not that bad

I've never tried DSL whats the difference between them, What is DSL, I've heard of it?

DSL Sucks! Two of my friends have it and every time I go over their Internet seems so damn slow. I have Cable and its fast as hell. I guess DSL is good if you're coming from Dial-Up. But to me the difference between Dial-Up and DSL is the same as DSL to Cable. Cable is the better option, it just cost a little more right now.

ok, lol so im not sure what to expect then. Some say it is good, others not so good. What is the roadrunner thing that was mentioned, ive never heard of it. I really don't want to put the money into wiring cable into my room but if DSL is going to suck that bad then i might have no choice. I will also be sharing it with two other people as well, so will that make it even slower?

Distortion88 said:
I have been using cable internet my entire life but I will be moving into a townhouse next year and they only have DSL hookups in each room. Now I could pay to install cable hookups (which I would rather not do) but I was wondering since I have never used DSL internet, how good is it? Like comparable to cable internet is really slow? I would like to get speeds of at least 100Kb/s. Is it capable of that? Anyone who's used DSL before let me know what you think! ;)

I've only ever used DSL at home, and I can honestly say, "it sucks." Try getting FiOS instead. If you're moving into a townhouse area they should already have it hooked up. I'm actually ordering FiOS within the next hour. So I'll let you know how it turns out within the next week. But, I'm saying you should try to find an alternative to DSL, it's unreliable and quite slow some of the time. I just don't want you to waste your money on a crappy product. :)

Back
Top Bottom