Few build questions

joepic said:
oh god, yeah thats exactly what i thought. i'll just go with the fans. how long do you think that system would last me? I'll play almost every game on it that i can

NO, go with the water cooling. The heatsink/fan i got that is "amd certified" is nothing but a stock cooler and sucks ass man. Trust me do not get it your computer will get hot go with the water cooling, it will be worth it. Or if you plan to get an aftermarket cooler, then go ahead and get the stock. But in my case the stock one they gave me isnt really that nice, if it were up to me i would get the Water cooling if not that then I would, just get the stock cooling and replace it with a Zalman 9500..

Don't go with watercooling! It will add another $400 onto the price if they give you a good kit, and the ready made kits are actually worse than the stock AMD heatsink! You void the AMD warranty instantly, so you're relying on the manufacturers warranty alone then. You'll have to drain it every 3 or 4 months for it to carry on being effective, and you won't be able to move your PC very far without draining and refilling the whole system. You would also have to learn all about water cooling, and what to do when you get leaks, air bubbles, and stuff like that.

Trust me, it'll be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom