Major problem with a Toshiba laptop.

ajschwab2004

Baseband Member
The other night I was on my Dad's laptop when out of the blue the laptop froze and then just went off. Then when I tried turning it on the laptop went on but there was coming on the screen al most as if the screen was dead, but then the HD was doing nothing cuz the HD indicator light never came on. Also I turned the sound up to the speakers and I couldn't here no sound from the BIOS (The Toshiba BIOS used to make a sound like letting you know the laptop was on and everything fine you know) but now it doesn't do nothing. Also everytime I turned it off manually it used to make a beep sound to let me know that it was off, but now it only does it once a in awhile. Also for the also for the last month I've been getting weird errors from Windows XP saying "There's soemthing with your cooling system. Please turn off your system and take to authorized dealers to get it serviced" but when that error message came up I just restarted the system and I never seen it for 3 days after then I would see it again. Also about 2 months ago the AC Adapter burned and melted the cord but I got a new AC Adpter from Toshiba. I can't figure out what's wrong so I was hoping that maybe you guys help?

Thanks!

Did you follow the advice Windows XP gave you? If not, and don't take offense, but your extremely stupid.

Sounds like a fan has broken, and you've probably broken something, sounds like the hard drive. Take it to a professional, he'll tell you exactly what is wrong.

There is more than one fan in the laptop. It could be that you have fried something else - for example, if there was a chipset fan which stopped working, that would stop the hard drive from working and the motherboard booting up.

If the laptop is less than 3 years old, then yes. Take it back to the store and talk to them about it.

It's a year and half old. So what repair will it need? Like probably all band new motherboard from Toshiba?

Back
Top Bottom