Few build questions

joe pic

Fully Optimized
I'm ordering my next PC from Cyberpowerpc.com , and just had a few questions. ..well actually a lot of questions, but if anyone could help me i'd be more than happy. you can IM me on AIM at Dinop19 if that would be easier.

I'm taking this system from cyberpower

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ultra6000.asp?v=d#configurator_top

and i'm configuring it as follows:

CASE : Hot New! X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Yellow Color)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD Athlonâ„¢64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 2048 MB (1GBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NEW !!! NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
LCD Monitor : NONE
HARD DRIVE : Gaming Hard Drive (10,000RPM SATA150) (SATA150 - Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM 8MB Cache WD360GD)
Hard Drive 2 : 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
Optical Drive : LiteOn SHM-165H6S 16X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology (Yellow Color)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
SOUND : Creative Labs SB Audigy SE

how does all of this look? it comes out to $2165. Hopefully i'll get enough money by september.

is 500w enough to power all of that? i chose the:

Aspire/TurboCase 500Watt SEE-THROUGH COVER Dual Fan Aluminum Power Supply

...??

now what about cooling? this is important. will all those fans included with the case, and the extra fans cool all those parts? i chose this option under cooling:

AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS

i can crank up the fan speed from the PSU also, if that may increase cooling?

or should i go with the liquid cooling unit that they have under cooling? i don't know anything about liquid cooling really, how to maintain it and whatnot. is that liquid cooling unit good? explain if you can.

also, with the professional wiring upgrade...is it worth it? I don't know what that would really do to increase performance...should i go with it?

and how is the motherboard? will it support everything? and will they build the entire thing? i don't want to open the box and plug it in and its not gonna work.

...lmao ok yeah that's a lot but i just want to be sure on all of this before I spend $2000 on a system. I'm spending so much because i want it to last me a while, and because i've been saving for quite a while...

That powersupply is a little weak. This is the one I would go with
Antec TPII-550 550Watt

The cooling should be fine.

You could go with the professional wiring but I would rather do it myself. Its only $19 so go with it I guess.

Yes that motherboard will work with everything you have selected.

sounds good. very good. now what cooling is good? the liquid? thats probly what i'll go with. now it just cools the CPU? elaborate, i'm unfamiliar

lol, what do you mean? i just wanna know all the stuff I asked, because I don't. does anyone know if i'll have a problem starting this up?

Water cooling is used if your really anal about temps lol or if you intend to overclock tp the extreme other than that your cooling is fine

alright sounds good. i don't know how watercooling works anyway. so the 5 fans are good enough?
what if i did get watercooling though? does it cool everything or just the processor? how do you maintain it?

ahh sounds good. what do they look like though? is the one on the link above good enough? it only has like 2 tubes though. how is it gonna cool everything? i dont understand how that works

No, sorry the only water cooling that cyberpowerinc lets you buy is too the processor. So the only thing it will be cooling is your processor.

Back
Top Bottom